Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810645 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8175 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »
* Vance vs. Michael K

* Gary

* "He's still pretty cool" about Rush Limbaugh

The worst: Zach From Richmond. I feel guilty. Would he still be calling if I didn't chump him out?
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Crusherkc

« Reply #8176 on: March 08, 2012, 12:25:17 AM »
* Vance vs. Michael K

* Gary

* "He's still pretty cool" about Rush Limbaugh

The worst: Zach From Richmond. I feel guilty. Would he still be calling if I didn't chump him out?

If it wasn't you it would have been someone else. It's not your fault. Do you understand? It's not your fault.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8177 on: March 08, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
Mike attempting to have an old issue of Dazzler appraised by the Comic Book Men.

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8178 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »
Toms concern that if Chris Christie waddled his way into the white house "big sundae" would run amok with unchecked power  ;D

RVARichmond

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8179 on: March 08, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
I think the opposite b/c it's obvious this precocious neo-hippy trust-funder is no FOT.  Can I ask a favor?  Can you start a graffiti campaign in Richmond's public restrooms denigrating him and the "band"?  Nothing nasty, just things like "Fargo 2 Stinks!"  and "Why is Zzzark from Mithmanine so boring?". He should be punished for trying to coat-tail on the post-fundraiser show to call attention to his projects.  I don't think I heard a "Zatch from Richmond" during the drive.
I have seriously considered it, but there is a chance of that backfiring and leading to increased awareness of him and his universe. Maybe some sort of health safety fliers.

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8180 on: March 08, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »
I enjoy each Mit Hamine call because I figure this must be building to something -- an epic meltdown?  Tom eviscerating the album?  Zac from Richmond in the Hate Pit?

Or perhaps best of all, it might just be a quiet, unannounced, permanent ban.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8181 on: March 08, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
I know this is not in keeping with the spirit of the board, but I really want to visit physical violence on Zac from Richmond.  He is the worst.

MrGtD

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8182 on: March 08, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
I kinda want Tom to do for the Mit Hamine album what he did for Lulu. 

Or I want him to never ever listen to it, and Zac just calls in every week asking, allowing Tom to just go "nope!" and hang up.

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8183 on: March 08, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
I actually listened to that Mit Hamine record. It HAS to be a joke. They had it pressed and everything. It HAS to be a "let's make the worst possible thing we can make and release it on vinyl" joke.
Which isn't the worst joke in the world, but it's far from a good one.

So, as an album of music, it's objectively terrible.
And even as a pranky joke thing, it's poorly executed and not funny.

We are TALKING about them, so it isn't a 100% failure. But I can't think of anything I've experienced that is this mathematically close to a complete, capital F, Failure.

Crusherkc

« Reply #8184 on: March 09, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »
I think the opposite b/c it's obvious this precocious neo-hippy trust-funder is no FOT.  Can I ask a favor?  Can you start a graffiti campaign in Richmond's public restrooms denigrating him and the "band"?  Nothing nasty, just things like "Fargo 2 Stinks!"  and "Why is Zzzark from Mithmanine so boring?". He should be punished for trying to coat-tail on the post-fundraiser show to call attention to his projects.  I don't think I heard a "Zatch from Richmond" during the drive.
I have seriously considered it, but there is a chance of that backfiring and leading to increased awareness of him and his universe. Maybe some sort of health safety fliers.

You're right, any anti-zatch movement only calls attention to him and his narcissism.  It's just that his stoned, jerky-voice pushes all the wrong buttons in me.  I will not write of him again except only to point out that he is the worst moment on any show in which he calls.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8185 on: March 09, 2012, 06:06:24 AM »
"Not sharing the ball."
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8186 on: March 09, 2012, 06:26:38 AM »
The idea of doing Hello Tom, Bye Bye Birdy "in the round" cracked me right up.

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8187 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:40 AM »
Being good at golf is like being good at stacking cups.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8188 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »
BEST: Spike. I dug that one. Tom's Chris Christie riff was great. BIG ICE CREAM is a BIG INTEREST that I could get behind.

2nd BEST: The Heave-Ho of the guy with a terrible line/call about half way in. "Your putting next years total in jeopardy with your terrible call. Heave Ho."

WORST: Zach from Richmond. Seriously Zach just fucking give up. Send your dumb record to some other DJs/stations or something. I would like to appeal to Mike to not put him through any more. (Understanding that how calls get through doesn't work based on feedback here but being so desperate to not hear Zach ever again.)

2nd WORST: Michael K, who rambles endlessly. I timed that call and it was over the 12 minute mark. Brutal. The difference between Z from R and Michael K, as I see, it is only that Tom listens/likes to the Cynics (I think) and thus grants Michael the time on the phone. His calls are just as bad, and as just as set up to get his band a plug.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8189 on: March 09, 2012, 09:20:51 AM »
"Sir? Sir? Sir? Sir? Sir?"