Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810712 times)

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8235 on: March 16, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Hey Everyone,
   Thanks for all the words of advice.  I didn't mean for this to go on like this.  I was just pointing out my feelings about the ending of the call.  I do understand about pacing, but I'd have preferred, especailly being quite friendly with Hatch & co., if it was just said upfront, so I could have wrapped it up, known it was coming, or at least not just have been the butt of a silly joke that didn't even get laughs from within the room.  That's all there is to it.  Mike, let's figure some other time/place to continue the thread.  Thanks, again, everyone for being supportive despite my not coming off the best in typed form on here.

-Zach (Big Z)

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8236 on: March 16, 2012, 01:46:34 PM »
Excellent show!

I was excited to hear someone from Street Trash call in.  Fun movie.

The Greggulator hit it out of the park with his call.

Mike doing The Fly.

Also, "It made you think adults wouldn't take you seriously if you were attacked by a statue."

Relax, Z. Listen to Felt!

Gold.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8237 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
Mike, I don't know if this will help you with your case study, but here's the traumatic Sesame Street skit:

Sesame Street: Bert and Ernie in a Pyramid

Hey,
   Just one more quick thing.  I looked at the linked clip.  So you know, that's not a fully accurate representation of the sketch as I knew it for so many years, as I found out through the internet.  Most likely due to them finding out about it's potential scare factor, it was apparently edited in later airings.  I forget what content was cut out, though I did buy the "Elmo Says 'Boo!'" DVD to see it for the first time, a few years back, but the official version on Sesame's YouTube page, previously linked to apparently is unedited but does have the underscoring that was only added later.  This was probably to take away some of the dramatic tension of the silence while Ernie first gets scared by the statue.

Here's the original clip, at least according to the intro title graphic:

Ernie and Bert Explore a Pyramd

I apologize, in advance, if there's an ad before it.

-Zach (Big Z)

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8238 on: March 16, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

Would you mind just talking us through all the differences between the original and re-edited clips?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8239 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

I still kinda prefer "The Hatch Patch" as a name for this fill-in show. But I guess i have to defer to the fact that Mr. Hatch-Miller is not fond of it.

And "The Rest Show" creates possibilities where other friends of the show could potentially fill in when Tom's not around. Perhaps opening the guest-hosting door towards obscure figures like Zach Galifinakis or Todd Barry. Or the Abba Box Set. Or Paul McCartney.

I am waiting for "The Breast Show". It's hosted by chickens.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8240 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
"The Pest Show", hosted by Gary the Squirrel.

(Sorry, Gary. Oh man, he's gonna come after me now. I better watch my beans).
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8241 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »

Would you mind just talking us through all the differences between the original and re-edited clips?

Hey,
   Like I said, I don't remember the cuts, but the only music in the original clip is that in the beginning and end.  I believe the edited one is also on YouTube, saying something along the lines of the "1997 edit".  The previously posted official Sesame one is the full length, but with the added music running through the sketch.  I hope that helps.

-Zach

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8242 on: March 16, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
The original edit contained gory beheadings and a profane Crowleyan scarab who invoked a 1000-year curse upon all of Sesame Street's denizens. It was intense, man.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Kormod

« Reply #8243 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
Discussion for this Sesame Street clip needs its own thread. We could go on for pages discussing the minute differences in lighting, sound, editing, etc. between the two versions, which wouldn't be fair to the small minority of FOTs who aren't interested in this topic.

ggstratis

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8244 on: March 16, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
I just listened to the rest show, was very excited to hear the Yukon territory, where I live, get a shout out from the hatch patch! Now I just have to hope and pray that Z*** won't seek refuge among us. We have enough terrible musicians, and I'm not certain he could grow the required beard to survive up here.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8245 on: March 16, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
Bad Ronald is bizarre and creepy for a network TV movie.

Bad Ronald(1974)

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8246 on: March 16, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
Just watched that promo.  The guy kind of reminds me of Andy Samberg, so I can't help but wonder if Bad Ronald is perhaps related to Shy Ronnie.

-Zach (Big Z)

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8247 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »

Bad Ronald(1974)

49.95?!

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8248 on: March 17, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

Bad Ronald(1974)

49.95?!

VHS tapes used to cost monster bucks back in the 80's.  It wasn't rare for them to go for $100 or so, no matter how terrible the movie. 

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8249 on: March 17, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »

Hey,
   Like I said, I don't remember the cuts, but the only music in the original clip is that in the beginning and end.  I believe the edited one is also on YouTube, saying something along the lines of the "1997 edit".  The previously posted official Sesame one is the full length, but with the added music running through the sketch.  I hope that helps.

-Zach

I'm just funnin' you, Big Z.  No offense meant!