Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2828769 times)

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8985 on: August 07, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
There is a thing called flextime, Pet.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8986 on: August 07, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »
[size=48]pt]T

I don't think they talk about gynecologists on EVERY show.
[/pre].[/b][/i][/font][/size][/color]

Kormod

« Reply #8987 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »
Up next on Fox News: Is the state government of New York paying people to watch soap operas? We'll show you how one government worker is abusing the system and using your tax dollars to satisfy his daytime TV habit.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8988 on: August 07, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
God forbid you should use the opportunity to go to the park/museum/the beach/a movie/a roadtrip on a free summer afternoon.  You might run into children aged 25 or younger.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8989 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
Up next on Fox News: Is the state government of New York paying people to watch soap operas? We'll show you how one government worker is abusing the system and using your tax dollars to satisfy his daytime TV habit.

Wrong level of government. I don't work for the state.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8990 on: August 08, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
Q: Could anything have been better than Tom slowly fading in Bad Company's "Bad Company" over talking callers?

A: No. Nothing could have.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8991 on: August 08, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »
Q: Could anything have been better than Tom slowly fading in Bad Company's "Bad Company" over talking callers?

Yup! That cracked me up, especially the dude who asked "you aren't going to bad company me, are you?" in the midst of being bad company-ed

Also, the LA podcast scene staging a heist at sam ash for more mics and Tom calling out Ms. Pacman as "the most offensive thing ever" (complete with sound effects) was pretty great as well  :-*

;D

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8992 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
Wow, Tom having Keillor do commentary over The Doors and Bad Company songs is amazing...

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8993 on: August 08, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
Off to a fantastic start with the Russian coach/Pink Floyd riff!

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8994 on: August 08, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »

Z from MH getting bad company'ed was so satisfying while he was droning on about his weird conspiracy-theory politics....

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8995 on: August 08, 2012, 05:05:04 PM »
I never thought anything would be as good as the classic GOMP but Tom Bad Companying callers may be the best thing ever.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8996 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

Z from MH getting bad company'ed was so satisfying while he was droning on about his weird conspiracy-theory politics....

The thing is, his theories aren't really weird so much as they're based on absolutely nothing at all. They're almost generic.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8997 on: August 08, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »
RE Bane: Worst impression of Sean Connery doing an impression of Yoda I've ever heard.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Crusherkc

« Reply #8998 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »

Z from MH getting bad company'ed was so satisfying while he was droning on about his weird
conspiracy-theory politics....

That was bee-yoo-tee-full
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8999 on: August 08, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »
I wrote the "Vance > Gary" line after I heard Vance's brief appearance before putting his headphones back on.

Believe me, I love Gary. He has been a wonderful inclusion into The Best Show family. His rapport with Kurt B. (too lazy to spell out his name but ya'll know who I mean) was truly special, as was the song with Gentleman Jesse.

But a green three-eyed puppet who is a prog rock obsessive trumps everything else in my life at the current moment. Vance stole the early part of the year. I also may be biased because I had the honor of meeting Vance during my in-studio appearance, and my picture with him is the pride of my Facebook collection.

Wally is seething about that last part, being the original pioneer of puppet-based Best Show radio, that your picture with him does not top this.  Still, all kidding aside, I agree that I prefer Vance.  He's just funny for what he is, and his very humble and polite manner, along with his distinct voice and nerdiness for his preferred musical style, all meshes in a great way.  Gary's better in doses, I feel.  I like him, just fine, but between the two, I prefer Vance.

-Zach (The Z-Man/Big Z/Wally's human/whatever else)