Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818524 times)

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9315 on: October 17, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »

Undecided:
-"...a sexy AP Mike costume?"

BEST!!

When that guy called and started asking Tom if he thought sexy Halloween costumes were "over", I was thinking "hang up on this dummy" ... but as soon as he said "sexy Mike costume", I totally reversed my opinion.

Also great: The Bad Companying of the guy who was unfathomably enthusiastic about discussing the two House Party Soundtrack albums (and their relative Billboard chart positions).

And Gary's blue-ribbon investigatory panel ("We're gonna get to the bottom of this!!")
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9316 on: October 17, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
This is a hard one this week- the notion of a re-formed Zeppelin teasing the audience with 'Stairway' before cutting into their cover of A-Ha's 'Take on Me', DMZ's dog turning on Suicide's 'Frankie Teardrops' before killing his tied-up master, or Zilch getting BC'd again (who is now calling into the show to be hung up on and made fun of. What price, attention?)

MITT 2112!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

acslater

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9317 on: October 17, 2012, 05:06:45 PM »
Tom missed a serial killer that went to Rutgers, but like most of the list of Rutgers alumni he listed he is pretty unremarkable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Snelgrove

betheboy

« Reply #9318 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
Jason from Huntsville and Tom's reboot of the Dukes of Hazzard reminded me that the the wife of James Best, the actor who played Roscoe P. Coltrane, once tried to big time me.  I used to have a job handling what were called executive escalations; basically if you had a problem with the company and said you wanted to talk to the CEO, I called you on their behalf. One of those calls was to Mrs. Best who was demanding that we provide service for them free of charge because Mr. Best was on The Dukes of Hazzard. She actually said: "Do You Know Who I Am?"

I didn't waive their fees but I did give them a discount because I'm not a monster.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9319 on: October 17, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
Jason from Huntsville and Tom's reboot of the Dukes of Hazzard reminded me that the the wife of James Best, the actor who played Roscoe P. Coltrane, once tried to big time me.  I used to have a job handling what were called executive escalations; basically if you had a problem with the company and said you wanted to talk to the CEO, I called you on their behalf. One of those calls was to Mrs. Best who was demanding that we provide service for them free of charge because Mr. Best was on The Dukes of Hazzard. She actually said: "Do You Know Who I Am?"

I didn't waive their fees but I did give them a discount because I'm not a monster.

I can't recreate Roscoe's signature utterance.  "Djuh djuh djuh djuh"?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

mostlymeat

« Reply #9320 on: October 17, 2012, 06:54:27 PM »

I always think it's more of a "n'yuck" but if you listen to Roscoe's song it sounds a bit more like "weeeooo chit chit".

I HIGHLY recommend this incredible novelty tune, "Go Flash Go" by Roscoe P. Coltrane. As I get older, this stuff is like heroin to me, when I listen to it's awfulness a warm calm flows through my body and for a few minutes I feel no pain.

The Dukes of Hazzard OST - Flash

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9321 on: October 17, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
The P. is for "poignant."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

SJPete

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9322 on: October 17, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
I listened to the Suicide album at my desk in work today, which is in a brightly lit room in the back of a library, and I was still just as freaked out as someone walking on a dark college campus (maybe not as freaked as DMX getting attacked by dogs though).

I was hoping Spike would call in about the debate. Maybe next week?

It's always great when Tom insinuates racism, and Gramps was no exception this week: "Read between the lines: it's time to restore America. Let's get it back to the way it used to be."
"Too local? It's gotta take place somewhere! What am I supposed to do this show on the astral plane?!"

not that clay

« Reply #9323 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
Terre T!

I could listen to THREE HOURS of Tom singing Zeppelin riffs.

Sexy AP Mike costume might have been the funniest thing all night. Good job, caller.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9324 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9325 on: October 18, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »
DMXs last words as he is torn apart by vengeful abused dogs "not frankie teardrop, no!"  ;D

Kormod

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9326 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »

By senorcorazon.

Kormod

• Policemans heel

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #9328 on: October 18, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »
I've listened to this moment probably 100 times. Best Bad Companying yet.

"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9329 on: October 19, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »

I always heard it as more of a "Kyoo kyoo kyoo!"

I mentioned this on the chat during the show, but James Best (aka Roscoe P. Coltrane) is a painter as you can see here: http://www.jamesbestart.com/.  My daughter is obsessed with him (he has been in movies about horses) and I am planning on reaching out to him to commission him to do a painting of a horse for her.

But after Be The Boy's story, I may hold off.  Don't wanna deal with big shots.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling