Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818833 times)

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9750 on: March 06, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »
yeah, I know--was feeling a little fragile last night and was like, "wait, what?" but i get his kind of kidding

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9751 on: March 06, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
Best moment: CHIRPY

Worst moment: Hatch pronouncing my name "Jack" like three times in a row!
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9752 on: March 06, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »
I was a little disappointed at that snarky aside TS made about his listeners last night, which he quickly backtracked on: "Have you ever seen the people who listen to my show? Whoa boy..." or something like that :(

Don't take it personally, iago - that's an old trope.  Take it in the same sense that Mike takes all the sotto voce mumblings about replacing him - I think it's meant in the same spirit as those.

It made me laugh. It was kind of Dangerfieldian.

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9753 on: March 06, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
I was a little disappointed at that snarky aside TS made about his listeners last night, which he quickly backtracked on: "Have you ever seen the people who listen to my show? Whoa boy..." or something like that :(

Don't take it personally, iago - that's an old trope.  Take it in the same sense that Mike takes all the sotto voce mumblings about replacing him - I think it's meant in the same spirit as those.

He's also not entirely wrong.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9754 on: March 06, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »

He's also not entirely wrong.

Ha! It hurts because it's def a little true.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9755 on: March 07, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
The Object

Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9756 on: March 07, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
viva Hipgnosis!

SJPete

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9757 on: March 08, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
I wonder if Tom got "the object" from somewhere pre-made, or if somebody made it for him. I wants one!
"Too local? It's gotta take place somewhere! What am I supposed to do this show on the astral plane?!"

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9758 on: March 09, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »
The worst moment was the horrible feeling of guilt I felt at the end of the podcast for saying to myself "Eh, I'll donate next week."

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #9759 on: March 09, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »
Iago -

It's a joke! I know full well how lucky I am to have both the size of the audience and the type of audience I've got. The only way I can joke like that is because ITS NOT TRUE.

Tom

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9760 on: March 10, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
Iago -

It's a joke! I know full well how lucky I am to have both the size of the audience and the type of audience I've got. The only way I can joke like that is because ITS NOT TRUE.

Tom

Dear Tom,
That's very nice of you to say. I appreciate it very much!
Best,
Iago G.

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9761 on: March 10, 2013, 03:29:28 PM »
Iago -

Tom

But you have to admit that it is true sometimes, right?

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9762 on: March 10, 2013, 03:42:59 PM »
Can't leave well enough alone, can you Jetouellet? (I kid...)

bananagrabbers

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9763 on: March 12, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »
I was traveling last week, and was stunned at the number as I finally got to listen to the podcast today.  I assumed Tom was doing some classic under-selling when I saw some mentions of missing the goal on Twitter.

Tom Scharpling is a six-figure host.  GUYS & GALS, LET'S BRING IT TONIGHT.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #9764 on: March 12, 2013, 02:01:49 AM »
I was not underselling. I missed the goal. I know there's some charity fatigue out there - you guys were SO generous during the Hurricane Sandy stuff - but this is the only time I ask for money for WFMU. I need to SCORE tomorrow night. I'm not kidding when I say I'm feeling the pressure on this one.

I just posted some details of the prizes I'll giving out throughout the show tomorrow night at http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,9228.0.html

If you can, please ram these prizes down the internet's throat for the next 24 hours.

And I posted pictures of the items over on my Pinterest page, which is Scharpling. If anybody could do me a favor and put those pics into the above thread it would help me a ton.

And hashtag it! #TomThon

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate all the generosity but we've still got work to do!

Tom.