Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810594 times)

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10455 on: October 24, 2013, 12:13:20 AM »
Nash? Arizona? You mean for the Phoenix Suns? There a long time, but he's hobbling along for my Lakers now.

weirdo magnet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10456 on: October 24, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
I'm really loving these short Jon Wurster calls while he's been on tour, though I miss the regular ones.

And the guy who called wanting advice on bears is just the worst kind of caller, in my mind - someone trying too hard to be funny.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10457 on: October 24, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
I'm really loving these short Jon Wurster calls while he's been on tour, though I miss the regular ones.

And the guy who called wanting advice on bears is just the worst kind of caller, in my mind - someone trying too hard to be funny.

Yeah, that guy was last night's worst.  He was up to something. You can tell when a caller seems to deliberately talk over Tom.  What a great show, too hard to pick a best moment but hearty-sounding Dave from Knoxville calling in was sweet.  I don't know you personally, sir, but hope you're feeling better.  Also, a near perfect call from Spike ("of course pet ha ha ha") and the best collage yet.

viva la Scharpling!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

cameron

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10458 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
I liked the guy who works in the boiler room. Always great to hear a fellow hard hat.

The Garrison Keillor clips were disgusting.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10459 on: October 24, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
Last week, only 30 minutes of Depravity's Rainbow made it onto the iTunes feed; this week, only 7 minutes of The Best Show. Dumb iTunes! Give me my Scharpling and Scharpling-related products!!!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10460 on: October 24, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
Last week, only 30 minutes of Depravity's Rainbow made it onto the iTunes feed; this week, only 7 minutes of The Best Show. Dumb iTunes! Give me my Scharpling and Scharpling-related products!!!
Dave (and others in same boat),

Go to the Most Recent Archives page on the WFMU site.

Right click on MP3 and "save link as" to Downloads Folder.

When the download is complete you can either drag it into iTunes or right click and open with iTunes.

Hope this helps.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10461 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
Going out on a limb here and saying the big announcement is that Tom got a job and is leaving for the Left Coast.  Either that, or something to do with the new WFMU studio/theatre.

These seem like the two most likely scenarios to me.

Probably not wise to speculate though.

My guess is the former. Good for him but sad for us (if that's what it is!)

I think maybe "Going to California" wasn't coincidence.

"Going to California", along with the first song in Tom's set "Los Angeles" by Gene Clark.

We'll see what happens ... as a fan, I hope the show goes on, even if it gets cut down to once a month or every few months ... but ultimately, Tom knows whats best for Tom.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10462 on: October 24, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »

When the download is complete you can either drag it into iTunes or right click and open with iTunes.

Hope this helps.

Cheeze Whiz, is this new? I asked about this for years, and was told repeatedly that it was not possible. Fredericks I stand in awe of you, your knowledge, and your podcast.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10463 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »

Great to hear them going after the call from the Rutgers guy just before, you could tell that it was all in the moment.

The Keillor poetry and discussion was of course disturbing, but Scott Simon's sucking up to him was the worst part of that, to me.

And if there is a departure coming, I'm hoping that Tom can do something in public here in LA and spread the Best Show gospel to my fellow Angelenos.

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10464 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »
Regarding the big announcement.  It could just be something simple like the show is switching times, or that Tom is going away for a few months and someone will guest host things while he's gone (like the Daily Show did).

Or maybe Tom and/or Mike are leaving.

Or maybe the show is moving to the west coast?

The announcement could be anything.  It could even be something positive.  Maybe the sound collages are going to be on the next Skrillex album.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10465 on: October 25, 2013, 03:53:54 PM »
It could just be something simple like the show is switching times,
I miss the 8 O'Clock start time.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10466 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »
What if Tom/Mike is Banksy?

AGnuGhoti

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10467 on: October 25, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »

Hope this helps.

Cheeze Whiz, is this new? I asked about this for years, and was told repeatedly that it was not possible. Fredericks I stand in awe of you, your knowledge, and your podcast.

I cannot get this to work.  I can save the .m3u file, but that is not worth anything.  Are you sure this works?

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10468 on: October 25, 2013, 06:45:46 PM »
What if Tom/Mike is Banksy?

Or Barksy?

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10469 on: October 26, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
I thought Banksy was Turk 182.