Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810634 times)

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11190 on: April 16, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
Listening now...I've never stayed there, but I love that Best Western!  Whenever friends stayed there (when I lived in L.A.) I'd get coffee in the downstairs diner.  Don't remember there being a whole lot I could eat there - and it was kind of disgusting - but still really awesome.
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #11191 on: April 17, 2015, 01:24:51 AM »
I still eat at the 101 Diner. It's great. I'm talking about staying there. Which I would probably do if it wasn't $179 a night. Which is outrageous for a Best Western, no matter where it's located.

Tom.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11192 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »
There was no mention that the 101 Diner is famous for being in Swingers. The rest of the building looks a lot more classy than it used to, but in a way that you can tell that they said "we need to make people think that this looks good inside" so it seems fake.

I wish that the Julie/Gary part had been filmed, just to see how Gary appeared and to see Julie's reaction. I think I liked that more than her "OH MY GOD!" when she found out that Vance got married.

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11193 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:00 PM »
I still eat at the 101 Diner. It's great. I'm talking about staying there. Which I would probably do if it wasn't $179 a night. Which is outrageous for a Best Western, no matter where it's located.

Tom.

I stayed at a motel across the street from that BW once when I went to a show at the Hollywood Bowl. I remember that the room was OK and I certainly didn't spend anything close to $179.

But what I remember most about that area is just down the street on Highland is probably the worst Starbucks ever. The parking lot is tiny and you can barely fit your car into a parking place. And then when you get out of the car you are immediately accosted by panhandlers. And, even though it is a Starbucks, it has no restroom!

Mike Desert

« Reply #11194 on: April 17, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »
But what I remember most about that area is just down the street on Highland is probably the worst Starbucks ever. The parking lot is tiny and you can barely fit your car into a parking place. And then when you get out of the car you are immediately accosted by panhandlers. And, even though it is a Starbucks, it has no restroom!

I lived right near there and that parking lot IS insane - and the lines of that place were always worse. I used to go to the coffee shop next to the video store up the street...which I'm pretty sure is gone. I'd take my mom to Cafe Figaro on Vermont. Both are way more mellow and have better coffee.

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11195 on: April 17, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »
I lived right near there and that parking lot IS insane - and the lines of that place were always worse. I used to go to the coffee shop next to the video store up the street...which I'm pretty sure is gone. I'd take my mom to Cafe Figaro on Vermont. Both are way more mellow and have better coffee.

Must have been strange to live in that area. And probably especially crazy around Oscars time.

Mike Desert

« Reply #11196 on: April 17, 2015, 10:38:15 PM »
I could die without having to hear about someone's "treatment " while I'm eating breakfast. ...

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11197 on: April 18, 2015, 12:28:46 AM »
BEST: Hulu Minus

Ad

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11198 on: April 18, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »
That entire show was such a treat. I love when Julie Klausner is an in-studio guest--they both continually crack each other up.

That said, the Jim Morrison stuff and Gary were probably my favorite moments.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11199 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
I didn't even notice there was no Wurster call until half an hour after the show was done.

I hope Vance shows up again. He's not as flashy as Gary, but I like him.

Gleepglop

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11200 on: April 19, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »
I didn't even notice there was no Wurster call until half an hour after the show was done.
Unless I'm remembering the previous week's show, he did a really short-but-sweet call.

Ad

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11201 on: April 19, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »
Unless I'm remembering the previous week's show, he did a really short-but-sweet call.

I believe Thaddeus from Oldbridge checked in from the other side.

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11202 on: April 19, 2015, 12:50:33 PM »
Echoing quite a few sentiments, but Julie Klausner is definitely in my top 10 favorite in studio guests. She and Tom have such a great on-air report and can bounce funny ideas off of each other and make each other crack up so easily. It's just one more reason I'm glad I discovered The Best Show in the first place because I otherwise might not have even heard of her.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

Mike Desert

« Reply #11203 on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
Echoing quite a few sentiments, but Julie Klausner is definitely in my top 10 favorite in studio guests. She and Tom have such a great on-air report and can bounce funny ideas off of each other and make each other crack up so easily. It's just one more reason I'm glad I discovered The Best Show in the first place because I otherwise might not have even heard of her.

she's always good but was especially hilarious on this one. I finally got around to ordering her "I Don't Care About Your Band" book after the episode. Good callers too

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11204 on: April 21, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »
Jake Fogelnest tonight! Will help with my Fogelnest Files mourning a bit.