Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 913768 times)

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #825 on: June 09, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
Only happy to die pigs!
I have a long history of booing

Sarah

« Reply #826 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
I don't know if I only eat pigs who are glad to shuffle off this mortal coil.  But at least I mostly limit myself to eating those whose final torment is as brief and painless as possible.

Pidgeon

« Reply #827 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
Leaving my TV on and waking up to Rexella Van Impe.

So, so creepy.

DoodleJump!

« Reply #828 on: June 09, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
Pidgeon, you post a lot on this thread. Maybe you should go listen to more ABBA or eat icecream or do whatever makes you happy instead of hating so much.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

Pidgeon

« Reply #829 on: June 09, 2009, 11:03:42 PM »
Yeah, sometimes I feel like I have so many pet peeves and annoyances that soon I'll be completely incapable of functioning in society.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #830 on: June 09, 2009, 11:13:25 PM »
Leaving my TV on and waking up to Rexella Van Impe.

So, so creepy.

Here, they run Jack Van Impe at 11:30 on Sunday nights. Imagine going to work on Monday morning after having watched that.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Pidgeon

« Reply #831 on: June 09, 2009, 11:24:34 PM »
They were talking about the Illuminati/New World Order the other night, and they were asking for donations to...stop it, I guess? I don't know, I was half asleep but that's what they were making it sound like.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #832 on: June 09, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »
There was a televangelist named Mike Murdock that was on at 1:30 last night asking for money. He talked about all the gifts that people give him. He especially likes luggage trailers and custom-tailored suits.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #833 on: June 10, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
I hate when people come into the library and say "You know, you should really control the kids in here."
Um excuse me? That's where THE PARENTS come in. This ain't a daycare, SIR.

Our library has a special soundproof room the kids play in. That's why it's the #2 library serving 40,000-60,000 people (some library in IL is #1).

DoodleJump!

« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
I hate when people come into the library and say "You know, you should really control the kids in here."

Our library has a special soundproof room the kids play in. That's why it's the #2 library serving 40,000-60,000 people (some library in IL is #1).

NICE! We need a soundproof room for some of our adult patrons, as well. I don't like being yelled at.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #835 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »

Is that the big library on Kirkwood?  I love that place.  Got a great deal on some mint-condition classical records there last summer.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Scot

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #836 on: June 12, 2009, 12:01:32 AM »

are you a library employee?

i'm one. and from what i can tell so far, summer has transformed my branch into a daycare. also, what are parents?

Julie

« Reply #837 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
Back in my day, when the uptight spinster librarian gave us the hairy eyeball, we got quiet! Kids these days have no respect!
I have a long history of booing

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #838 on: June 12, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »
The same. It's a great library, my daughter and I love it. (But I don't let the kid run wild in there. The worst she does is roll her eyes if she thinks I'm taking too long finding a book).

It also has an awesome graphic novel section now. Somebody there really knows their stuff.

What brought you to Bloomington, BTW?

Is that the big library on Kirkwood?  I love that place.  Got a great deal on some mint-condition classical records there last summer.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #839 on: June 12, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »
I go to Bloomington at least once a year -- my wife and her whole family are IU alumni, and her parents have a condo there that used to belong to older relatives who died many years ago.  I love it there.  I frequently fantasize about buying it from them and trying to get a tenure-track job at IU, but I'm trapped in the NYC career vortex for now.  I did have a play up at the Bloomington Playwrights' Project in 2004, though -- that was really fun.

One of my favorite bookstores in the world is Caveat Emptor.  My wife wrote about it here:

http://maudnewton.com/blog/?p=7880

Wow, how did I wind up being so enthusiastic about stuff on the f. you thread?

Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.