Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 921089 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1800 on: July 23, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
What do you have against mommies?

Pidgeon

« Reply #1801 on: July 23, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
The Guardian. That is, the articles, the comments, and the fact that every single columnist has an extremely punchable face.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1802 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
The Guardian. That is, the articles, the comments, and the fact that every single columnist has an extremely punchable face.

You are wrong. The Guardian is the best English-language newspaper on the planet. And while that may be an irritating photo of Charlie Brooker, the fact remains that he is a full-time hero.

Pidgeon

« Reply #1803 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
To be fair, I haven't read much of the reporting. It's the editorials I don't care for. And there's only so much I can take of that "smugly clever and cynical" style of British writing. If I don't "get it," I think I can still live with that.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1804 on: July 26, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
Mommybloggers are just sad, not worthy or hate in my opinion. They are trying to cling to any bit of social relevance they can because the stay at home mom shit is not as personally fulfilling to their ego as they thought it would be.

Also, it drives me nuts how non-smokers (I am one) act like the smell of smoke is SOOOOO offensive to them. People used to smoke on airplanes, you can walk past someone smoking on the sidewalk and not act like you're completely disgusted.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1805 on: July 26, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
It is confusing why cigarettes don't smell as great as pipe smoke though.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1806 on: July 26, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Mommybloggers are just sad, not worthy or hate in my opinion. They are trying to cling to any bit of social relevance they can because the stay at home mom shit is not as personally fulfilling to their ego as they thought it would be.

For me what I hate about it is the culture of extreme perfectionism (and/or consumerism), and the judgementalism that goes along with it - like if you're not feeding your kid organics it's tantamount to child abuse.

As if it's even possible to raise a child "perfectly"! That shit makes people crazy.

You're right that for the majority, it's simply a matter of community.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1807 on: July 26, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »
It is confusing why cigarettes don't smell as great as pipe smoke though.

I've yet to figure that out myself Mr. No.

I do know pipe tobacco is much moister and oilier.

Can't roll it and smoke it.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1808 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »

For me what I hate about it is the culture of extreme perfectionism (and/or consumerism), and the judgementalism that goes along with it - like if you're not feeding your kid organics it's tantamount to child abuse.

As if it's even possible to raise a child "perfectly"! That shit makes people crazy.

You're right that for the majority, it's simply a matter of community.

I hadn't thought about that. I do hate the one-upmanship with the parenting thing, both on and off blogs.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1809 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »

But other mommies find it interesting. It's not FOR YOU.
from the land of pleasant living

Pidgeon

« Reply #1810 on: July 26, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »
Current Rolling Stone in general, but especially when it tries to be political.

I am looking at a page right now that uses the phrase "Eat it, Bushie!" in response to Paul McCartney's comments on our last President. I'm not a fan of him either, but god damn.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1811 on: July 26, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
Does Rolling Stone still give 3 stars to all the albums they review except maybe one that's a fish in a barrel?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1812 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
The state of New Jersey.  Not the place, not the people, but the government.  I worked there for seven years and am getting the worst fucking runaround ever trying to get unemployment -- I'm appealing for the second time because they're just casually leaving off one-quarter (the first appeal was because they left off one-half) of my income.  Plus they're making me physically go into New Jersey with a letter from my ex-employer stating that I was laid off, and just getting a copy of said letter has been its own goddamn nightmare.  And did I mention that it's been almost a month since I stopped getting paid by Rutgers and I still have yet to see a dime?

New York unemployment has been so much easier to deal with.  I never want to work in New Jersey again.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1813 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
"if you don't vote, you can't complain later"

Go fuck yourself.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1814 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »
I just had to buy a new laptop b/c the old one was shitting the bed, and I put my $ into a Toshiba Satellite, sight unseen. Well the genuises who designed this thing gave is a cool "Fusion Finish" which is all black and shiny. problem being: after using it for more than 5 minutes, it becomes absolutely covered in fingerprints and not only looks disgusting, but the keys become kind of gross to touch. My boss has an HP that has the same sort of finish on it. don't they do fucking focus groups for these things?

Also, Twitter. I don't give a shit what you are having for lunch, "friend".

Awww. How about what I had for breakfast?