Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 917378 times)

Pidgeon

Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2190 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:35 PM »
Real Time

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2191 on: January 16, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
I actually managed to read every comment on one of the AV Club's popular articles.

Literally every single one of them was mean-spirited and cynical. At least the spelling was alright.

I don't know why the AV Club has this reputation as one of the worst comment boards in the land. Have you ever even checked out Youtube's comments? Yeesh.

Not to mention, it's not as if this forum doesn't have its fair share of cynicism and mean-spiritedness. I mean you posted this in a thread called "stuff you hate".

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2192 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:13 PM »
You can be mean or cynical without being a bag of shit, which seems to be a prerequisite for being a commentor.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2193 on: January 16, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
Or commenter
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Pidgeon

« Reply #2194 on: January 16, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
I actually managed to read every comment on one of the AV Club's popular articles.

Literally every single one of them was mean-spirited and cynical. At least the spelling was alright.

I don't know why the AV Club has this reputation as one of the worst comment boards in the land. Have you ever even checked out Youtube's comments? Yeesh.

Not to mention, it's not as if this forum doesn't have its fair share of cynicism and mean-spiritedness. I mean you posted this in a thread called "stuff you hate".

But the Youtube comments are usually so inhuman that I can't even really get mad at them. I can't picture a living, breathing human being typing up some of the things I see on that site.

wood and iron

« Reply #2195 on: January 17, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

But the Youtube comments are usually so inhuman that I can't even really get mad at them. I can't picture a living, breathing human being typing up some of the things I see on that site.

Touche.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2196 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
Kevin Smith, being interviewed on WTF podcast:

"My wife is one of these yoga broads and shit, and at one point she fancied turning one of the rooms in our house into a yoga cave - I don't know what they're called - and she bought some wall hangings from a Buddhist-type store and..."

later:

"It's shameful how big a Kevin Smith fan I am. I'm the biggest Kevin Smith fan on the planet!" - Kevin Smith

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2197 on: January 18, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »
The mice are back. They taunt me in the ceiling directly above my bed at 1:30am. It sounds like they have those tiny new years eve noisemakers that you spin around in your hand. I just hope they're not wearing capes.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

Sarah

« Reply #2198 on: January 18, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
Oh, you should hope they are!  Then you could catch them and sell them to a circus for millions of pennies!

My kitchen mouse seems to have moved on, for the moment.  I'm grateful but puzzled:  it and/or its comrades seem to be moving furniture in the walls; you'd think they'd need snacks to keep up their energy.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2199 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:54 AM »
I hate that Gary Puckett has two stepdaughters.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2200 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »
I hate having to kill mice to get them out of the house.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2201 on: January 22, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
Kevin Smith, being interviewed on WTF podcast:

"My wife is one of these yoga broads and shit, and at one point she fancied turning one of the rooms in our house into a yoga cave - I don't know what they're called - and she bought some wall hangings from a Buddhist-type store and..."

later:

"It's shameful how big a Kevin Smith fan I am. I'm the biggest Kevin Smith fan on the planet!" - Kevin Smith

Ugh, I know. He's mastered the "Hey, I'm Kind Of Shitty At What I Do And I'll Admit It, But Man, I'm Really Fucking Great At What I Do And I Don't Give A Shit What You Say, But Man, Fuck You For Saying I'm Shitty At What I Do" thing.

I was curious to hear the interview because someone on AST wrote that it gave them a whole new appreciation of Kevin Smith because he's so humble. I listen to it, and it's the most self-aggrandizing bullshit I've ever heard.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Sarah

« Reply #2202 on: January 22, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
I hate having to kill mice to get them out of the house.

Sucks, don't it?

Greggulator

« Reply #2203 on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Is the Freakonomics guy the one who's always on NPR talking about baseball statistics?

That's the Freakonomics guy.

Also -- I read somewhere that Wurster was in a band w/ one of the Freakonomics guys. Anyone have any more info?
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2204 on: January 22, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »
It's true. If memory serves, they were called the Right Profile, and it was Dubner (the journalist), not Levitt (the economist).