Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 917383 times)

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2205 on: January 23, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
"He's mastered the "Hey, I'm Kind Of Shitty At What I Do And I'll Admit It, But Man, I'm Really Fucking Great At What I Do And I Don't Give A Shit What You Say, But Man, Fuck You For Saying I'm Shitty At What I Do" thing."

Matt- you nailed it. This made me laugh.
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2206 on: January 24, 2011, 09:29:30 AM »
I hate coworkers who broadcast EVERYTHING.

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2207 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:10 PM »

If you mean the dreaded "Reply to all" button I'm with you 100%, Paul

I have another work related one. I work for a big company and there's a corporate IM system. I think IM for work is great for quick, informal exchanges with people that already know each other but a couple of things people do with it drive me nuts. 1st off, do not IM me with "can you talk" or "are you there" and when I say I'm available ask me my phone number. This reeaaaaly pisses me off. I mean really. What am I a frickin phone book? These people either already have my number or if they don't they can look it up in about 5 seconds right through the IM app. You need to talk to ME and I have to type out my phone number so you can avoid pressing a couple of buttons you lazy SOB! Here's a hint chuckles, if you need to talk to me on the phone, how about a novel idea? CALL ME! Or better yet, don't!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2208 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
You work for AT&T?

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2209 on: January 25, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »

If you mean the dreaded "Reply to all" button I'm with you 100%, Paul

I have another work related one. I work for a big company and there's a corporate IM system. I think IM for work is great for quick, informal exchanges with people that already know each other but a couple of things people do with it drive me nuts. 1st off, do not IM me with "can you talk" or "are you there" and when I say I'm available ask me my phone number. This reeaaaaly pisses me off. I mean really. What am I a frickin phone book? These people either already have my number or if they don't they can look it up in about 5 seconds right through the IM app. You need to talk to ME and I have to type out my phone number so you can avoid pressing a couple of buttons you lazy SOB! Here's a hint chuckles, if you need to talk to me on the phone, how about a novel idea? CALL ME! Or better yet, don't!

It's moreso when my coworkers go on and on about what they just bought, what their vacation was like (God bless em but no one asked) or how cold they are inside our overly-heated building.
We too have that IM system, constantly letting me know that so and so in Delaware had a baby girl or that the office is collecting $2 a person for a get well present for a sick coworker. Meanwhile last time this year I was in the hospital for a week and recieve, count em, 2 EMAILS!

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2210 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »

Pidgeon

« Reply #2211 on: January 28, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »
I complain a lot about comments sections on websites, but the ones that really get me are ones for "best of" lists.

500 posts of "What!? No ______!?"

wood and iron

« Reply #2212 on: January 30, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
I know it's not particularly good form to complain about free entertainment buuuut:

I hate when a perfectly great podcast decides to move to twice a week with both episodes being over an hour long. Not everyone can be Hollywood types with tons of free time.

I'm looking at you, Nerdist podcast.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2213 on: January 30, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »
Is Nerdist any good?

wood and iron

« Reply #2214 on: January 30, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
Is Nerdist any good?

I like it a lot. Chris Hardwick is very funny but also good at asking his guests (who tend to be really interesting) questions that really go to the craft and their approach to whatever their particular art may be. He has a lot of comedians on there which is a good thing but he tends to trod similar ground each time when he starts getting into "deconstructing comedy" mode.

Also, there is an episode where he interviews this actress on a Sci Fi channel show. He comes on really strong and hitting on her and then it turns out she's like 18 or something and you can almost hear Hardwick screeching the brakes. But then the rest of the episode is really hard to listen to because the girl tries to hard and Hardwick goes into "cool guy teaching young girl cool things" stuff.

But overall, worth a listen, for my money. This new plan, though, is to release two episodes a week, one with a guest and one with just the three regulars. We'll see how that turns out.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2215 on: January 30, 2011, 10:55:16 PM »
DISCLAIMER: DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE, PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM SAYING THAT ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE *BAD.* (SUPER MARIO KART IS SO MUCH BETTER)

I admit to having "inhaled" from time to time as a college kid.  It was usually underwhelming. I might get a little quiet and smiley, but that was about it.

Since then, I would say I have touched the stuff once every few years, and every time, it seems like it is becoming more and more weaponized.   What the shit is going on?  Where is the stuff that makes you giggle a little and eat snacks?  I don't need something created in a subterranean lab by Simon Bar Sinister.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Pidgeon

« Reply #2216 on: January 31, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »
The street trash are slowly, but surely, starting to overtake my city. I saw a guy this morning with a mullet and a beard who was wearing a kid-sized knitted sweater with Mr. Monopoly on it and a pair of swamp-green pants. At first I thought that, with that mullet of his, he may legitimately be wearing those clothes without any irony.

And then this came out of his mouth: "My woman-friend got it for me. I've been wearing the shit out of it."

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2217 on: January 31, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
We haven't had one snowflake fall in OKC and they canceled school in all districts (plus Universities) and all non-essential City positions.  I'm not saying that I don't think we're going to get hammered, but it seems ridiculous.  This happened last week and we ended up getting a thin layer of ice, which was gone by 10am (and was totally manageable anyway.)  I hate the overreaction to everything.  I have the people making stupid snowmageddon jokes. 
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2218 on: January 31, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »
We haven't had one snowflake fall in OKC and they canceled school in all districts (plus Universities) and all non-essential City positions.  I'm not saying that I don't think we're going to get hammered, but it seems ridiculous.  This happened last week and we ended up getting a thin layer of ice, which was gone by 10am (and was totally manageable anyway.)  I hate the overreaction to everything.  I have the people making stupid snowmageddon jokes.

My neighbor and one of my coworkers are among those drivers in DC who left work early at 4 pm last week to get home and beat the snow, and ended up stuck on the highways until 5:30 am. Now everyone's freaked out at the slightest chance of snow, but I can't say I blame them.  Snow needs to be polite and fall overnight like it's supposed to.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2219 on: February 01, 2011, 06:22:25 AM »
Ok, it's pretty fucking bad out there this morning
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time