Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 913575 times)

Man Machine

• Policemans heel
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »
Evite I just received:
You are invited to End of Summer [catering company where I work] BBQ & Kickball Extravaganza!!!

Time to celebrate all the hard work we put in for the summer! Chill and reminisce with all the wonderful employees at [catering company]. Totally cool and rockin' kickball game! Front of the House VS. back of the House. BRING IT!!

Burgers & Dogs provided to grill. Feel free to bring something to share: sides, salads, desserts, frisbees, instruments, ect. Alcohol not provided. You may bring only beer and wine.

Hope to see you all there :)

Basically a nightmare situation: hanging out with coworkers, playing a totally cool and rockin' kickball game.

That does sound bad, but maybe this is worse: my company is still planning a summer "outing"... for the summer of 2007.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
Don't work outings usually equal a paid day away from the office where you get to eat and possibly get drunk?
from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
in my experience they equate to a saturday lost, lots of kids running around, and food i can't eat (it turns into a non-veggie-friendly barbeque, every time).  also, people talking about work and domestic lives. 

now, office christmas parties are another story. 

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:55 PM »
you guys should go to work in construction.  every company event turns into a drunkfest.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
you guys should go to work in construction.  every company event turns into a drunkfest.

Same thing in publishing.

mokin

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »

As far as work stuff goes, it doesn't sound THAT bad, actually.

But I work with genuinely fun people so maybe I'm spoiled. I also like free food. (suprise!)

Yeah, I don't really like most of the people I work with. They are nice people, but not people I want to be friends with. I guess I'm just a party pooper.

If I wanted to hang out with work friends, I would invite them out, or to a party I was throwing. A party thrown by the company is lame because it means seeing a bunch of people I don't particularly like. Thankfully it's an optional event.

Plus: kickball! That was the main reason I posted it here.

You should work in catering. Every workday turns into a drunkfest.

There's a reason we're only allowed to bring beer and wine to the party.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
last year at our golf tournament we had a VP get so drunk that he drove his company truck into a tree on the golf course as he was attempting to make his way out of the parking lot.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »
also, work events are a lot more fun if you just resign yourself to becoming an asshole to anyone that you don't really care about personally. Then you don't have to be an asshole to them, but the option is there if you get pissy or just bored.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
I agree that if they're on Saturdays, that's complete bullshit.

Since I spend 80% of my life with these people, I try to have some fun with them if I can...

Plus, YAY FOR FREE STUFF!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »

Same thing in publishing.

And teaching America's children.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »

Fixed!

Richard

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »
Anyone who says "whilst" or "whinge" or "arse" can get fucked.

I say whilst all the time just to get people like you all wound up.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2008, 10:15:44 AM »
I don't know who to hate, but I made a point not to pack ANY shampoo/conditioner/soap/toothpaste/etc. (because of the 3 oz. rule) for my trip to memphis today.

but, I had a four oz. bottle with only two oz. in it. 

long story short, I had to throw it away.  it was 4:37 in the morning.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2008, 01:16:20 PM »
Use of the word "grownup" in heated political discussion. This may be used by people of any political stripe. e.g. "It's time for you repugs to take a time out, and let the grownups clean up your mess."

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
I hate when you sublet your wonderful, spacious, tidy apartment to some art curator creep for a month while you're out of town, and prep it with towels and linen, clear out space in the closets for the creep's clothes, provide helpful instructions about the apartment and the neighborhood, invite him to use anything he wants in the cupboards and fridge, explain how he use the DVD/TV, just generally act like the perfect host - and then have him complain about just about everything immediately upon arrival: the bed is not big enough (his girlfriend will apparently also stay there for a week), there's not enough space in the closet, why was he only given one set of keys, why haven't you stowed away every single thing you own so he doesn't have to rest his precious eyes on the THINGS YOU OWN IN YOUR APARTMENT.

Also, the guy is from New York, and is in my town to work on some low-budget art project. What kind of primadonna is this? What kind of castle does he live in in the City to have the balls to complain about my seriously fantastic abode? I'm this close to asking him to just get out.