Author Topic: "Damages": Worth stealing off the internet?  (Read 5371 times)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
Re: "Damages": Worth stealing off the internet?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »
I'm just the opposite. I give up on shows left and right. Somewhere in the back of my head there's this gnawing feeling of guilt, that I should spend my time watching movies instead of tv shows.

i do this, and in turn, spend more time watching more movies than tv shows.  problem is, i enjoy television's ability to let me veg out and sit stupid for a couple hours, but can't find anything i like (or won't potentially be criticizing out loud) to allow me that luxury.

i watch a lot of cartoons.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
That is true, I do enjoy that aspect of watching tv. Two episodes of True Blood is much easier to digest than Flight of the Red Balloon, for some reason.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »
One of the episodes of Damages has Ted Danson riding around on a dirtbike*. If you can't decide whether you want to watch it or not based on this, I can be of no further assistance.

I very much like the idea of Ted Danson on a dirtbike, but I don't think I want to watch a show featuring it.  Maybe if I just saw it out my car window.

For example, I, too, suffered through the entire first season of The Tudors

The Tudors is deceptive because it has really good costumes and sets and is technically well done.  But everything else about it is just excruciating.