Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703689 times)

Bryan

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »
Whatever, but can anyone explain to me why Noah has a Russian accent?  I mean, it sounds as if it's really pronounced.

God works in mysterious ways.

After God smote the Tower of Babel, he made all the peoples of the world speak English with different accents.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
Yeah, and it took some people a long time to go to Russia.

Actually when Noah tried to warn people about the consequences of their wickedness, they told him 'if you don't like it, go to Russia'.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »
In Soviet Russia, ARK BUILDS YOU!
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
As good as the episode proper was, I really enjoyed his discourse on faith in the intro.  I don't agree entirely, but I really appreciate a non-religious person trying to take faith seriously.

It was good, PJ. I'm active in my school secular student's group and one of the things I try to do is keep people's understanding of religious beliefs and people in check. Maron made a good point when was talking about atheists -- I have to agree with him that we can became very nasty, very quickly. I also don't agree with his meditation on that stuff 100%, but he was able to put into words roughly how I feel about these things better than I think I could.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
I'm not really familiar with his comedy, but the Mike DeStefano episode is incredible. I spent most of the episode in tears.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
I'm not really familiar with his comedy, but the Mike DeStefano episode is incredible. I spent most of the episode in tears.
Same here, the guy was a total mystery to me. I really liked this episode, also Janeane Garofalo...I have a soft spot for her.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
Wow, I guess I'll have to listen to that one. I had been avoiding it because I'm not the biggest fan of his comedy.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
According to twitter, Marc and Tom had a nice night at the YLT show. I hope this is a good sign for Tom being on WTF in the future.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »
According to twitter, Marc and Tom had a nice night at the YLT show. I hope this is a good sign for Tom being on WTF in the future.
I don't think Tom would ever go on that show.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
Oh no, this thread is getting caught in a time loop!
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2010, 07:06:07 AM »
I think it's been in a loop since about page 6.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2010, 09:42:21 AM »
I think this is the story referred to during the interview on WTF.
Mike DeStefano tells his story

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »

You got this hope backwards

dragonchiptune

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »
I've been digging through the WTF archives for such a long time. I hope I don't become worn out because of it. I've heard a lot of great episodes and the show has acquired my respect. Unfortunately I feel like the moment I get to the current episode, I may find I've reached a finish line and I just want a mug and a blanket.

I feel that there's just barely a tinge of spirituality to Maron's comedy that I admire.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2010, 11:07:05 AM »
The Mike D one was the most compelling one yet, and that's saying something.  It's also admirable how Marc chose not to hype the episode by teasing with the subjects addressed.

I thought there was a tenderness in the Janeane Garofalo episode that was touching.