Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703791 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
People here sure love Dock Ellis.

hahaha do they?  I think it's just me, my avatar and I posted that video.

Master of Spark's avatar, too, with his famous rollers. Anyhow I loved the video and the story of his LSD No-hitter.

Now back to Marc Maron...

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »
Garry Shandling seems like a very likable guy. I was really interested to see if he was going to be as detached and acerbic as with Ricky Gervais. But he wasn't and it was a great listen.
Thumbs up to Shandling.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2011, 10:37:46 PM »
I'm glad people mentioned the Sally Wade interview. Honestly I had fallen behind and deleted it, not knowing who she was. I went back and listened to it, and am glad I did. I've always been a Carlin fan and have to part ways with Tom on that one.

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #513 on: May 24, 2011, 11:14:39 AM »
Garry Shandling seems like a very likable guy. I was really interested to see if he was going to be as detached and acerbic as with Ricky Gervais. But he wasn't and it was a great listen.
Thumbs up to Shandling.

His realism was super, super refreshing.  The "missing something not playing basketball" response, for instance, was so poignant. 

I loved this episode.  I'm a late-comer to the Larry Sanders Show, but this is undoubtedly the greatest tv show I've ever seen.   I was happy he spoke so lovingly about it. 

Good one, Mr. Maron!  Props where props are due!
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #514 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
Yes, Gary Shandling came off not only as a good dude but as a wise man.  I never actually saw The Larry Sanders show, but it's streaming on Netflix and I shall correct this stat.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #515 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
Maron is on CBC's Q this morning, podcast to follow later on today.

Could be either the best- or worst-ever interview. I'm excited.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #516 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:50 AM »
Shandling was great. His Charlie Sheen/America analogy was brilliant.
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #517 on: May 29, 2011, 03:42:06 AM »
Thumbs up to Shandling.

I've wondered what was really going on with that interview. It seems as though Shandling just didn't like Gervais.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #518 on: May 29, 2011, 03:49:51 AM »
Thumbs up to Shandling.

I've wondered what was really going on with that interview. It seems as though Shandling just didn't like Gervais.

I was listening to the episode with that in mind and I simply think that Shandling didn't like Gervais as a stand-up and as a comedian in general. Gervais listed Shandling as one of his biggest influences and Shandling probably felt ripped off...

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #519 on: May 29, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
Shandling explained that thing w/ Gervais on this page of the long GQ profile of him last year.  Although I continue to hope the real answer is that he just couldn't stand him.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/201008/comedy-issue/comedy-issue-garry-shandling?currentPage=5

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #520 on: May 29, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Shandling explained that thing w/ Gervais on this page of the long GQ profile of him last year.  Although I continue to hope the real answer is that he just couldn't stand him.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/201008/comedy-issue/comedy-issue-garry-shandling?currentPage=5

Thanks for the article! Very enlightening.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #521 on: May 29, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
I mostly agree about the Byrne episode, but it did get interesting at the end when they addressed the Dane Cook feud. I'd recommend that part (I can't remember when it started, but probably the last 10-15 minutes of the episode).
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

break

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #522 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/marcmaron/status/74678409145483264

Tom will be a WTF Live guest at the 9pm Bell House show this week(6/1). 

Rhymes with Don Draper

• Policemans heel
« Reply #523 on: May 29, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

That's funny. Just like something that would happen on The Larry Sanders Show. (And I can imagine Artie saying "what is this cackling limey f*** think he's doing?" and Hank trying to convince the crew to make a documentary about his life.)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #524 on: May 29, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/marcmaron/status/74678409145483264

Tom will be a WTF Live guest at the 9pm Bell House show this week(6/1).

!!!!! I hope this gets released.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.