Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703641 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #525 on: May 29, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »
I mostly agree about the Byrne episode, but it did get interesting at the end when they addressed the Dane Cook feud. I'd recommend that part (I can't remember when it started, but probably the last 10-15 minutes of the episode).

Alright, I'll finish it.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #526 on: May 30, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »
I guess he's (Steve Byrne) not that bad.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #527 on: May 30, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
I found Byrne to be a pretty big snooze. White people have it so rough!

But Adam Carolla was an even bigger dipshit over the phone. Black people were late to a Broadway show that started at 7, therefore black people are always late? Never mind that almost every goddamn Broadway play starts at 8, or that when you're a racist everything confirms your prejudices.

Incidentally, a few years back my wife and I went to see an all-black Broadway show with a predominantly black audience, and it started at 7:30. Guess who was a half an hour late. I guess this means that white people are late to black stuff?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #528 on: May 30, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
I thought the Dan Harmon interview was pretty great. Interesting to hear stories about why he left the Sarah Silverman Program. I also like how hard he thinks about a sitcom. I appreciate that effort because I really love Community.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »
I found Byrne to be a pretty big snooze. White people have it so rough!

But Adam Carolla was an even bigger dipshit over the phone. Black people were late to a Broadway show that started at 7, therefore black people are always late? Never mind that almost every goddamn Broadway play starts at 8, or that when you're a racist everything confirms your prejudices.

Incidentally, a few years back my wife and I went to see an all-black Broadway show with a predominantly black audience, and it started at 7:30. Guess who was a half an hour late. I guess this means that white people are late to black stuff?

I dunno, the stereotype does exist. Hence, the phrase CPT - Colored People's Time (which I DID NOT make up. I've probably heard black people I know use it more than anyone else.). Therefore, I can totally see the humor in the person onstage giving a monologue about forgetting every stereotype you've ever heard while people are filing in late.  He did acknowledge that the perception was entirely in his own head and he seemed to be the only one thinking it and was wrestling with it on some level.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #530 on: May 31, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
You're kinder than I am. I'm judging it more by the crypto-racist stuff he said the last time he was on WTF. Also, I'm just not a fan.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #531 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
I don't think Corollo is a particularly good interviewer. Back when I was listening to his show, he had an ex-mob guy on ('Kenji' Gallo), and at one point out of nowhere Corollo went into a 5 minute rant about how are automatic dishwashers any good when you have to rinse the dishes before you put them in there anyway. Not as bad as if he had Jerry Seinfeld on and they both riffed for 10 minutes on how come there's always a sock missing after you do laundry, I guess.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #532 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
Not as bad as when he had Jerry Seinfeld on and they both riffed for 10 minutes on how come there's always a sock missing after you do laundry, I guess.

I HAVE TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
Oh man I'm sorry, I made that up.

I really need to stop doing this.

Derek (from Chicago)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
From Twitter this morning....

marcmaron marc maron
Going to hang out with @Scharpling tnite on The Best Show. Stoked. Did I just say 'stoked'. WTF. I'm psyched. Yeah. Psyched.

8)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #535 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »
Some one should cull all the questions from this thread and ask him on the air.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #536 on: May 31, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »
Oh man I'm sorry, I made that up.

I really need to stop doing this.

I think we're all the better for that not actually happening, so we're cool.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »
Also, will Tom call him Mort or Marc tonight?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #538 on: May 31, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »
And what will he call the podcast?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2011, 04:16:17 PM »
I think the main thing to not do tonight is ask him 'When are you gonna have ____ on your show?'...