Author Topic: Jay Leno  (Read 8188 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Jay Leno
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2009, 12:09:49 AM »
Leno continues to serve as the driving force behind cutting-edge comedy. Tonight's guest? Jeff Dunham.

My DVR is set.

I ... I'm ... I feel I should comment, but I"m so enervated by this I can't really say anything.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »
Leno continues to serve as the driving force behind cutting-edge comedy. Tonight's guest? Jeff Dunham.

My DVR is set.

I ... I'm ... I feel I should comment, but I"m so enervated by this I can't really say anything.

I'm sorry.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
I'm sorry.

Didja watch? Was it awful?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
My recording of 30 Rock caught an after the credits rendition of Tennis Night in America leading into Leno.  Horrible.

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
Speaking of which, what the hell is Comedy Central thinking with the Jeff Dunham Show? Were they really impressed by the Frank TV business model?
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Speaking of which, what the hell is Comedy Central thinking with the Jeff Dunham Show? Were they really impressed by the Frank TV business model?

My 6yo daughter saw a commercial for that and said 'you've got to be kidding me'. So she's not the target demographic either.

scratchbomb

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »

My 6yo daughter saw a commercial for that and said 'you've got to be kidding me'. So she's not the target demographic either.

I think the target demo is people fascinated by the concept of puppets.

He's been around forever, too. I remember MST3K episodes from 20 years ago where "a Woozle whose name is peanut" was a go-to joke.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Kim Kelly

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
I like looking at last night's ratings and seeing Jay Leno in the bottom for his time slot every goddamn time. So satisfying.

Oh, except for Eastwick, Leno has a point on that show. I don't know. The kids don't like John Updike.
Too soon?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:21 AM »
I believe it was Jimmy Kimmel who once called Jay Leno, "the McDonald's of comedy." Probably the smartest thing that Kimmel has ever said.

Although if Leno is "the McDonald's of comedy," what is Kimmel? The Arby's of comedy?
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:27 AM »
He's been around forever, too. I remember MST3K episodes from 20 years ago where "a Woozle whose name is peanut" was a go-to joke.

I remember that and had no idea it was Dunham-related.  Christ, that was a long time ago.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »
I thought I remembered him.  The old man and the purple thing had a tv show at one point, I think.  Even then, I knew he wasn't funny.
Who I don't have chocolate?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 03:10:31 AM »
I like looking at last night's ratings and seeing Jay Leno in the bottom for his time slot every goddamn time. So satisfying.

It'll be satisfying until NBC does something to further fuck over Conan.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »
I believe it was Jimmy Kimmel who once called Jay Leno, "the McDonald's of comedy." Probably the smartest thing that Kimmel has ever said.

Although if Leno is "the McDonald's of comedy," what is Kimmel? The Arby's of comedy?

The Big Lots of comedy? The K-Mart of comedy? The Bob's Big Boy of Comedy?

not that clay

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 11:44:21 AM »

It'll be satisfying until NBC does something to further fuck over Conan.

Leno's crap lead-in is killing Conan's ratings.

Fun fact: late night shows are important for morning news ratings because people are too lazy to change the channel.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »

The Big Lots of comedy? The K-Mart of comedy? The Bob's Big Boy of Comedy?

The Gas Station Hotdogs of Comedy