Author Topic: Intervention/Hoarders  (Read 20811 times)

Spalding

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Intervention/Hoarders
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
. . . I suggested to Tom that Hoarders be converted into a game show. Each week someone, preferably a family member, is zipped up into a Hazmat suit and buried beneath the piles of a hoarder. The first person to unearth the buried person wins a thousand dollars.

For a kid's show angle, you might consider Tom's suggestion for you to pose as a garbage monster that scares the hoarding grandma with the second house out of hoarding. My kids thought that was the funniest thing ever.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
Last night's Intervention wasn't particularly unique except for the appearance of a side character, Freddy, the proprietor of a handjob emporium. I'm hoping A & E doesn't look that gift horse in the mouth and gets to work on a spinoff show, pronto.

Last night's Hoarders featured an 11-year-old named Sam who gets my vote for the Saddest Kid Alive.
See God, Kai

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
Last night's Intervention wasn't particularly unique except for the appearance of a side character, Freddy, the proprietor of a handjob emporium. I'm hoping A & E doesn't look that gift horse in the mouth and gets to work on a spinoff show, pronto.

Last night's Hoarders featured an 11-year-old named Sam who gets my vote for the Saddest Kid Alive.

I kept waiting for a too-literal shot of the dad standing in a closet.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Yes. That was the unacknowledged white elephant in the room.
See God, Kai

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »

Only if it's sponsored by Jergens.

Last night was actually my first time watching Intervention.  I noticed the girl looked a lot like an older Marilyn Chambers.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
Very astute of you, Chris. Does this make you a MILF-Man?
See God, Kai

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

I refuse to watch this show until there is an episode about people hoarding electric football games.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »

I refuse to watch this show until there is an episode about people hoarding electric football games.

Do you mean the old handheld games where you were a light avoiding other lights, or the games with the metal field that vibrated, causing the players to move around at random (how did one ever 'win' that?)?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »

Do you mean the old handheld games where you were a light avoiding other lights, or the games with the metal field that vibrated, causing the players to move around at random (how did one ever 'win' that?)?

Metal baby Metal>
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

One of last night's hoarders couldn't remember where all his firearms were, so there was the extra danger that someone might accidentally get shot! Now that's what I call suspense!
See God, Kai

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

Nah, just a guy familiar with the later work of the late Ms. Chambers via Skinemax back in the day.  I can't say I'm proud. 

I do feel bad for Freddy, though.  He sent her a bear and STILL got the axe.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »
Correction: He sent her a bear and some other "shit."
See God, Kai

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
True.  Plus he did just basically cram it into the box.  Not the proper way to present a bear. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
Freddy had a great voice... for a serial killer.

Seriously, though,  Check in his crawlspace.

The oldest sister was good looking.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »
Freddy had a great voice... for a serial killer.

Seriously, though,  Check in his crawlspace.

It was the strangest discussion of a rape that I've ever seen - just "When I was 14, I took 8 hits of acid and I got raped."  Then the whole family seemed to think she was lying or wouldn't have any idea if she had been.  Then they went to the hospital.  And there was no more information about it.

The thing is, the description for the episode was that she started being an addict after she got raped, while the episode indicated that it might have gotten worse then but that she was already on the way to addiction.

Come on, TV.  You can't leave these types of question unanswered.  However wrong and simplistic you might be.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!