Author Topic: SCHARPLING & WURSTER BOX! 16 CDs 108 PAGE HARDCOVER BOOK! SO MUCH MORE!!  (Read 29692 times)

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
We are proud to announce the upcoming release of SCHARPLING & WURSTER: THE BEST OF THE BEST SHOW.

Numero Group - the best label in the biz at reissues and amazing packaging by a mile! - is putting it out. We could not be more honored to work with them.

Here's the link:

http://www.numerogroup.com/products/scharpling-wurster-the-best-of-the-best-show

The box consists of:

16 CDs of Scharpling & Wurster calls spanning the entirety of The Best Show On WFMU! Over 20 hours of comedy! All your favorites are here – Philly Boy Roy, Bryce, Zachary Brimstead and SO MANY MORE! There are also a bunch of rare things in there that NOBODY has heard!

A 108-page HARDCOVER BOOK! The book features essays by PATTON OSWALT, JULIE KLAUSNER, DAMIAN ABRAHAM from F*CKED UP, AP MIKE and more! It also has THE definitive Scharpling & Wurster interview conducted by JAKE FOGELNEST! There are also extensive CALL NOTES done by me and Jon, spilling the beans on everything about all your favorite calls and characters! Plus a ton of great artwork and illustrations by a ton of amazing people, rare photos and so much more!

An amazing FOLD-OUT MAP OF NEWBRIDGE by the amazing SCOTT TEPLIN!

A USB drive shaped like a RADIO HUT CASSETTE that contains all the content from the CDs, a PDF of the book and HOURS of ADDITIONAL SCHARPLING & WURSTER comedy!

A PHILLY BOY ROY/TIMMY VON TRIMBLE dress ‘em up PAPER DOLL by DEREK ERDMAN!

A series of four ORIGINAL POSTCARDS designed by LITTLE FRIENDS OF PRINTMAKING!

TEMPORARY TATTOOS with your favorite Best Show slogans!

All housed in a big box with cover artwork by NEIL NUMBERMAN!

Everybody who pre-orders the box by DECEMBER 10th gets a piece of the ORIGINAL PHONE that ROCK ROT & RULE was recorded on!

This feels like the culmination of everything that we worked on for 13-plus years. I have been working on it like crazy and I couldn't be happier with it. I can't wait til you get to see it!

And there's a holiday gift offer too if you want to give it as a present!

http://www.numerogroup.com/products/scharpling-wurster-the-best-of-the-best-show

Thanks everyone!

Tom.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
Re: SCHARPLING & WURSTER BOX! 16 CDs 108 PAGE HARDCOVER BOOK! SO MUCH MORE!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:03:11 PM »
The price is amazing considering all the stuff you get.  I am ridiculously excited to own a paper doll of Philly Boy Roy.

AspiringCanadian

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »
did anyone get the download link to work?  I received an email after my order saying it was in my account in numerogroup.  It's not a big deal, I'm patient, I just wanted to know if I was doing something dumb (which is a semi-regular thing as it is)

FredN.

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »
did anyone get the download link to work?  I received an email after my order saying it was in my account in numerogroup.  It's not a big deal, I'm patient, I just wanted to know if I was doing something dumb (which is a semi-regular thing as it is)

Based on the note on the main page that MP3 and FLACs are priced separately, I assume that the download link and associated email are automatic, since they do not apply for this purchase.

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
i'm so glad numero is doing this. they always do it right.

Lookit

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 03:01:44 PM »
For what you're getting this is an AMAZING price. Ordered!

noah

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
If you don't follow Scott Teplin /steplin on Instagram, you should.  You can catch some details of his map of Newbridge if you check his feed.  There's some Mike Show stuff too, but its all brilliant.

Nate from Kalamazoo

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Ordered!

JeSStradiol

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 03:51:41 PM »
ORDERED!!!!! Thank you Tom!
"Nothing from Fletch is making it on this list. NOTHING!!!"

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »

Based on the note on the main page that MP3 and FLACs are priced separately, I assume that the download link and associated email are automatic, since they do not apply for this purchase.

I suspect that's an email that's automatically sent anytime someone orders something from them. This set is a departure in that regard as the mp3s will be on a thumb drive instead of being downloaded directly off the Numero site.

TimmyVonFaulkner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
The bottom of the box set description says: "Please note: this release does not include an audio download."

I bet it's an automatic email like BadGuyZero said.

jimakaclark

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »
i ordered it and under "My Account" "Downloads" the website says:
----
Sorry, there are no downloads waiting for you.

Are you looking for a download of Scharpling & Wurster - The Best of The Best Show? If so, sorry--they aren't going to be delivered as downloads--you'll get a USB stick with your order, which will contain the files.

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »
Beyond awesome, worth every second waiting. May I be dense and ask that if this was Secret #2, what was/is Secret #1? God let it be the start date for the new show

JRSly

• Policemans heel
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
If you don't follow Scott Teplin /steplin on Instagram, you should.  You can catch some details of his map of Newbridge if you check his feed.  There's some Mike Show stuff too, but its all brilliant.
I became a big fan of his through Reddit, I'm beyond excited to see his map, it's going to be amazing.

police sweater blood vow

• Policemans heel
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 06:38:04 PM »
I would gladly have paid much much much more than they're asking for this set, this is the steal of the century (so far)