Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824242 times)

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7305 on: October 10, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
I was joking around with him and I sent that to him.

I don't exactly know how to express this, but that is the least Spike-like sentence that has ever been directly attributable to to Spike.

I mean, obviously, yes, if I'm John Wesley Shipp and somebody who is at all like Spike sends me that image - or just initiates any contact with me in any way whatsoever, really - I am terrified and take immediate steps to defend myself and my family from the potential wave of sick horrors coming our way.

But that sentence just sitting there like that, with no all-caps words or red, scrolling letters or anything like that...I had to read it three or four times before I could process that as a Spike post. I feel like the gimp mask slipped a little there, like perhaps The Ban has created the tiniest of cracks in the exterior. Just the latest bit of magic the 2011 Ban has given us?
This may be the year I will disappear.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7306 on: October 10, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
Strange, for some reason
I feel the sudden need

To change my posting style

Pets
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7307 on: October 11, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »
THERE IS NO WAY THAT I WOULD VOTE FOR HERMIONE CAIN.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7308 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »
'I'm seeking enlightenment dere'.

(or something along those lines.)

The Larry call was great. The ban clearly did him some good. But none of his calls were ever as good as his presentation of "Larry Legend"...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7309 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
Really? I'd have to say Larry's peak performance was the radio date with Laurie. "What are yeh dreams and aspirations?" "Hey, the lady doesn't like the music, turn it down!"
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7310 on: October 11, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
Really? I'd have to say Larry's peak performance was the radio date with Laurie. "What are yeh dreams and aspirations?" "Hey, the lady doesn't like the music, turn it down!"

You might be right. That was a great moment. Plus it showed Larry for the class act he is...
Still, I Liked him having Tom read Alyssa Milano's part in "Larry Legend"...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7311 on: October 11, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
I just felt a little sorry for him during "Larry Legend" because it was obviously a real piece of crap.  Whereas on the date, Da Perv was totally in control.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7312 on: October 11, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
Larry has quaint manners & a weird beatific quality and I love every time he calls in.

Also, talk about kayfabe....
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7313 on: October 11, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
'Larry Legend' and 'Weirdos Exposed' are two of my favorite Best Show story arcs. Maybe Tom should assign homework to the regulars (as with Amadeus' essay on how great Paul McCartney was) and that can get them out of their ban...

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7314 on: October 11, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »
I don't know why I would possibly remember this but I know that one 1989 afternoon I saw an MTV 1-2-3 wallop of Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me" followed by Bob Mould's "See A Little Light" followed by Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" and I'm almost certain the VJ on duty was my beloved China Kantner!

Scrivening even then! 

In the same week I bought the new Sebastian Bach solo album, Kicking & Screaming, a shockingly strong effort. I'm never not amazed at the staggering decline in album sales.  This album debuted at #73 on the Billboard Top 200 chart with sales of 6,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow-that is seriously depressing.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7315 on: October 11, 2011, 02:53:55 PM »
Sebastian Bach was really great on that 'Supergroup' show, though (and Trailer Park Boys).

stepheninchicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7316 on: October 11, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
I just want to say that I got to sit in with maggie & chris l. in the studio last week, and it was the best moment of my year.

I was hitting myself in the leg to deter my laughter during the Larry Da Perv call.

everything about October 4th was absolutely amazing.

thank you Tom, Mike, Maggie, Daniel, and Chris.

Oh, and JW obviously  8)

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7317 on: October 11, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
"you're the down market Grimace"

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7318 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:32 PM »
Sebastian Bach was really great on that 'Supergroup' show, though (and Trailer Park Boys).

Bach is basically good in everything, from working with The Frogs to his recurring role as Gil on Gilmore girls. He has a very infectious enthusiasm for livin' and rockin' even when faced with total devastation

He's also capable of being incredibly funny.  For example, during a That Metal Show episode from earlier this season Bach unleashed a truly hilarious (and completely accurate) quip regarding the look of Edward Trunk in a 1998 MTV clip.  In the clip, Trunk and Jesse Camp (!!) are interviewing Bach.  After the clip ends, Bach says the following regarding Trunk's appearance:

"Dude!  Dude, you look like Geraldo Rivera meets Bobbly Blotzer." That's Wurster-grade brilliance. The segment in question:

That Metal Show - Sebastian Bach and Anvil [2011-05-10] PART II of IV

"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7319 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
I need to watch it so that I can divorce his voice from Lars Ulrich's in my mind.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!