Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810680 times)

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7155 on: September 26, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »
I think Spike has made it absolutely clear that he cares about no one but himself. And that's why we all love him. His gross narcissism fascinates us.

He hasn't called recently because he couldn't manage to find a way to tie Tom's flood struggles into a story about himself.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7156 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
More properly: "Howza boutit?"

Listening to the first Gorch call the other day: I would find it almost impossible to match the original Gorch voice to JW.  The later one sounds like an old man version of some of the other voices, but the first time he does it it sounds like a different person.

He underrates himself in that regard.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Greggulator

« Reply #7157 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
That sinewy Seona Dancing...
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Crusherkc

« Reply #7158 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:33 PM »
I think Spike has made it absolutely clear that he cares about no one but himself. And that's why we all love him. His gross narcissism fascinates us.

He hasn't called recently because he couldn't manage to find a way to tie Tom's flood struggles into a story about himself.

Alrighty, the FOT's have spoken and I shall 'cool it' when it comes to Mr. Spike.  27 hours til the next Best Show...
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7159 on: September 27, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
Can't find the week where Pearl Jam came up ... was anyone shocked, if by chance you strolled past the "P" section in a CD/record store, to find that Pearl Jam are now the Grateful Dead? They have almost 300 live "official" bootleg releases.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7160 on: September 27, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
Can't find the week where Pearl Jam came up ... was anyone shocked, if by chance you strolled past the "P" section in a CD/record store, to find that Pearl Jam are now the Grateful Dead? They have almost 300 live "official" bootleg releases.

When I was in highschool I remember considering buying a Pearl Jam cd to get into them and seeing all those things and admitting defeat. I never looked back. I did like the Into The Wild soundtrack but haven't listened to anymore of the ukelele crap. I was hoping that that'd just be a one time thing where I could say I like Eddie Vedder solo and mean it.

scratchbomb

« Reply #7161 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
I loved how the guy doing the Sweathogs' voices made them sound vaguely like Irving Cohen.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7162 on: September 27, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
I was going to say that who the ersatz Sweathogs guy really sounds like is Andrew Dice Clay doing his "gurl" voice, but after 3 minutes of looking through his YouTube clips for examples, I had to take a puke break.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

emma

« Reply #7163 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »
This is the blog post that DJ Keili referred to on this week's show:

http://18rabbitscircleblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/worst-show-on-wfmu.html

This is the blog I created in 2007 for the Linus the Blogger character.  Amazing.

FANTASTIC.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7164 on: September 27, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
"Maid in Manhattan and Scorpio Rising."
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7165 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
"Just Got Paid" bed music.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7166 on: September 27, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
"It's not Marduk, is it?"

Hall of Fame show last week.  And the week before, for that matter.

I actually tried to call in on the Orson Welles topic, but couldn't get through.  It's probably for the best!
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7167 on: September 27, 2011, 09:53:14 PM »
Fonzerelli Slide

The full version of the Fonzarelli Slide. The fact that it's one guy doing all the voices is kind of impressive excpet for the fact that none of them sound anything like the people he's supposed to be imitating.

That segment was horrifying. It was simultaneously best and worst. That voices guy is the worst. 'Hey Fonz are you gonna be the new leader of the Sweathogs?' Worst crossover event ever.

I like to imagine that no time travel was involved in the crossover. Instead it's a 45 year old Fonzie in 1979 still desperately trying to be cool. Which I suppose might make him something of a proto-Gorch.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7168 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:28 AM »
Here's a picture of Noveller summoning demons, a la Mr. Page

NotsurewhothisNovellerIsbutmyinterestwaspiquedbythatcallIlistenedToafairportionoftheshowlivetonightbutmissedsomeofthestuffaboutGibbyHaynesandhistendencytoscrewpeopleoverIrememberJellobiafrasaidsaomethingaboutthatbutanyway, whileresearcingthispostIinitiallylookedup"norvella"butthatwasincorrect, which is all by way of saying

YOU GOT NOVELLERED!!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #7169 on: September 28, 2011, 12:56:28 AM »
I like to imagine that no time travel was involved in the crossover. Instead it's a 45 year old Fonzie in 1979 still desperately trying to be cool. Which I suppose might make him something of a proto-Gorch.

This was the scenario I envisioned as well.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom