Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810574 times)

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8805 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »
Best: Tom's made up Game of Thrones style language
Worst:  Sir Scott

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8806 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
Best: Tom's made up Game of Thrones style language
Worst:  Sir Scott

Yes, on the Sir Scott.

My favorite moment was when Tom was talking to the film-lady driving in the car, and she was comparing AP Mike to Barney on the Simpsons. And Tom rushed to defend Mike and says "Listen, Mike gets a bad rap around here" as if Tom has to continually defend Mike against other people at the station badmouthing him.

Mike Desert

« Reply #8807 on: July 07, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
See, I'm glad I listen on podcast because I wouldn't be able to skip over the Sir Scott type stuff.

Maybe it's just me but I get REALLY nervous and uncomfortable when people are embarrassing themselves. There were a few of those last show. Makes my skin crawl.
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8808 on: July 07, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
See, I'm glad I listen on podcast because I wouldn't be able to skip over the Sir Scott type stuff.

Maybe it's just me but I get REALLY nervous and uncomfortable when people are embarrassing themselves. There were a few of those last show. Makes my skin crawl.

The thing is I really do believe that if he had dropped the gimmick Tom would have been happy to talk to him even after the rough start to the call. But the kid wouldn't take the hint. It's too bad because I kinda miss Tom having a regular kid caller, but Sir Scott won't be it.

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8809 on: July 07, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »

The thing is I really do believe that if he had dropped the gimmick Tom would have been happy to talk to him even after the rough start to the call. But the kid wouldn't take the hint. It's too bad because I kinda miss Tom having a regular kid caller, but Sir Scott won't be it.

I appreciate a good kid caller, but the past few that I can recall (Sir Scott, the Canadian Glenn Beck) have just been obnoxious.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8810 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »
It makes one long for the halcyon days of Milo

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8811 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
It makes one long for the halcyon days of Milo

Or Mac.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8812 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
I thought the Canadian Glenn Beck/Maple Syrup Mussolini had promise. Last I recall, Tom had told him to read Ulysses and call back, so we may hear from him again.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8813 on: July 09, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »
I didn't think anyone could outdo John "Creepy Luggage" Hodgman at making Mike's mundane appurtenances out to be somehow unwholesome, but I enjoyed Tom's sharing with us the details of Mike's disturbing smoothie.

"Where'd you get it?" "I dunno."
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8814 on: July 09, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
Ravi Shankar and Kajagoogoo.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #8815 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »
I thought the Canadian Glenn Beck/Maple Syrup Mussolini had promise. Last I recall, Tom had told him to read Ulysses and call back, so we may hear from him again.

That's the last time he's been on air. He showed up in the chat room once or twice in the following weeks. After being pestered about how far along into the book he was he hasn't come around any more. Also, he hasn't tweeted since April 29.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8816 on: July 10, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
Worst: The filmmakers offering Tom work/money on the air. Did they think it would make for good radio? Did they think the public forum would make Tom more likely to agree?  Or were they just not thinking?  No answer is good.
This whole scheme of theirs has been consistently confusing. I've heard it explained two or three times now, and it's never made a bit of sense to me.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8817 on: July 10, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
It speaks well of the Maple Syrup Mussolini's integrity that he didn't just Cliffs Notes/Wiki Ulysses and B.S. his way through it. But enough about him.

RVARichmond

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8818 on: July 10, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »
Controversial opinion: I enjoyed Sir Scott.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8819 on: July 10, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »
Dissent is good. What did you like?