Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818670 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8910 on: July 25, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »
Vance > Gary.

I SAID IT!
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Wes

« Reply #8911 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »
Couldn't stop laughing during the run from the thrill-ride that was the Terry call through Jason's call that brought out Tom's ire for old people scamming the system at buffet chains and the problems of hiring the elderly as undercover police. I want Tom to do a David Simon-esque examination of the decaying economic system of the buffet world.

Re: Terry, during the call, I kept hoping he'd suddenly drop the voice and sound like Bryce when he comes off his high, and I kind of think that might have happened at the end of the call. Does anybody have any idea what he said there?

Another highlight: Tom realizing that Mike is the Professor Griff of the Best Show.
This may be the year I will disappear.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8912 on: July 25, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
I suppose if you looked up the word "unintelligible" in the dictionary, you'd probably find a picture of Terry right next to it.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #8913 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
Re: Terry, during the call, I kept hoping he'd suddenly drop the voice and sound like Bryce when he comes off his high, and I kind of think that might have happened at the end of the call. Does anybody have any idea what he said there?

I think he said "I WILL RETURN!"

I wish he had maintained the goofiness all the way through instead of doing that at the end.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8914 on: July 25, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

I wish he had maintained the goofiness all the way through instead of doing that at the end.

*giggle**giggle**giggle*mumble*mumble*mumble*giggle**giggle**giggle*
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8915 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
I hope Terry calls again.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #8916 on: July 25, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
The Terry call was priceless if for nothing more than Tom telling him what jazz cigarettes are ["You buy 'em behind the Michael's craft store"]. I hope that someday we'll get to experience a conversation between Terry and Wally Wackiman. And Emo Phillips.

I was hoping Sir Scott would make a return appearance during that early run of bad-but-great callers.

Tom's leading Eldred down the path to sounding like a thinly-veiled racist was funny [I know what you mean..."them"]. Especially for the moment after the heave ho when Tom expresses a bit of remorse for labeling Eldred a hate monger.

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8917 on: July 25, 2012, 02:41:30 PM »
Staten Island Garbage Rats
"We'll get a dune buggy."

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8918 on: July 25, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »

Me too, although his sudden shift in tone made me think of Vegas performer King Diamond.  I started off wanting Tom to dump this guy and ended up LOVING that call.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8919 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
The Terry call was priceless if for nothing more than Tom telling him what jazz cigarettes are ["You buy 'em behind the Michael's craft store"]. I hope that someday we'll get to experience a conversation between Terry and Wally Wackiman. And Emo Phillips.

The "jazz cigarettes" thing was great.  My favorite part of the Terry call was Tom's imitation of Terry.  That laugh.

Flick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8920 on: July 25, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »
I have to wonder if Terry would be able to find that special place he was in last night. It's worth finding out, but I think that magic would be difficult to recreate.

As is often the case, one of my favorite lines from last night was kind of a throwaway, when Tom talked about "Escape from Juggalo Island."

I also want to see Tom put together his S-1W and maybe they can do "Mike's Uzi Weighs a Ton."

bigoteetoe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8921 on: July 25, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
I have to wonder if Terry would be able to find that special place he was in last night. It's worth finding out, but I think that magic would be difficult to recreate.

As is often the case, one of my favorite lines from last night was kind of a throwaway, when Tom talked about "Escape from Juggalo Island."

I also want to see Tom put together his S-1W and maybe they can do "Mike's Uzi Weighs a Ton."

B-Side with Todd Palin dropping a guest verse on "Welcome to The Palin-Drome-Dome"
the pudding is delicious

cteix

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8922 on: July 25, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
Terry reminds me of Kenneth from 30 Rock. "Breaking Bath Salts? Why would I do that?"

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8923 on: July 26, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
Has Tom quit his job to tour with Pink Floyd like a DeadHead.?

Wes

« Reply #8924 on: July 26, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »
Has Tom quit his job to tour with Pink Floyd like a DeadHead.?
The Floyd fan community prefers to be called Ummagoombahs.
This may be the year I will disappear.