Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2819050 times)

Guy Whitey Corngood

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9210 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
Harry from Milburn (now South Orange as of this week's call, I guess?) always sounds so defeated and hangdog that I start out every call of his kind of bummed out, but he does frequently surprise me and contribute something really funny.  Asking if Rees was smirking was so great.

Harry here -- Holy moly I am kind of taken aback/flattered someone actually spotted me!
Wait Whaaaaaaa[Phone Buttons being pressed]aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?!

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9211 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »
Some truly bad calls tonight but some fine Bad Companying.

Nice to hear DC Pierson again.

How much do you think we'd have to give Chuck Woolery to get him to call the show?
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9212 on: October 03, 2012, 01:19:01 AM »
Dave Hester at a Coachwhips show.

Ojingeo

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9213 on: October 03, 2012, 04:04:28 AM »
Great show.

Highs: The whole of my favorite JW calls in a long time. I always love the political calls. Dungarees. Rat mode.

Also: Revolution in the streets!

Lows: Several, that only make the highlights all the brighter.
I can hear you judging me.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9214 on: October 03, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
Last night's episode was one of those great ones that just kept getting better as it went on. Loved the Little Steven/Rascals kickstarter discussion at the end and could have listened to another half hour on that alone. Further proof that Tom is the best there is at what he does, if anybody needed it.

So, so many highlights in the call, particularly in the back and forth about the "Uptown Vote", and maybe the the most horrifying call ending yet. My favorite part, though, was probably the brief time spent on RoadSplatter '74. Something about the Osmonds recording the thing with only the best of intentions and then being mad when they found out people were listening to it for different reasons just destroyed me. I hope we hear more about that in the future.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9215 on: October 03, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
A really fantastic show last night.

-The Steve Perry stuff, The instant Bad Company, Sons of Anarchy radio, and AP Mike's one man show were other highlights

-The lowlights were the Mike Love supporters sabotaging the topic.

Conan The Pescatarian

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9216 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
I thought the show was solid. 

-The Crotchless Panties caller was a good Bad Company.

-The Chuck Woolery segment ran a little long.  Ever since someone played an episode of Adam Carolla's podcast for my wife, she gets twitchy about comedians going on extended rants about minor subjects.  After the 4th or 5th time Tom speculated that Chuck would gladly shill for the left if MSNBC cut him a check, she asked me to put on headphones. 

-Ron Perelman/Clay Morrow voice was great, as was the Little Steven Kickstarter bit.

-Also loved Tom's refusal to bend on Mike Love.  [Toilet-Mouth Expletive] Mike Love!

-Missed Gary.

emthelee

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9217 on: October 03, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
The story about Zack de la Rocha getting attacked by the bee --- I laughed out loud for about 5 minutes straight (alone) at Tom's impression of Zack's reaction to the bee: "Kuh-wit it now!"

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9218 on: October 03, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »
Is it only me, or is anyone else holding off on listening to the episode with Stephen in Chicago and Mr. Albini?  My life's been in a bit of transition lately, and I was hoping to save it for the perfect time.  It sounds like from everyone's reaction it was a classic.

Just the way Tom says 'your boss, Steve Albini' in older episodes is priceless.  Stephen, you are truly a treasure of the show!

And yeah, Zach sucks!

CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Kormod

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9219 on: October 03, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
I think you quoted the wrong post, Pet.

Also, "John Wesley Shipp 2016" is a reference to his promise to commit suicide on Halloween that year, right?

little mickey

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9220 on: October 03, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »
Romney - the original hipster

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9221 on: October 03, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »

-Missed Gary.

Gary was present, Robert Forster was playing the part. "Hey Im a squirrel, give me some nuts"   ;D

LeesterTrunk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9222 on: October 03, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
I laughed pretty hard at the George Noorey suggestion.

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9223 on: October 03, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
I think you quoted the wrong post, Pet.

Also, "John Wesley Shipp 2016" is a reference to his promise to commit suicide on Halloween that year, right?

That's all right.  I'll take a misquoted post from Spike any time  :)
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9224 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
Is it only me, or is anyone else holding off on listening to the episode with Stephen in Chicago and Mr. Albini?  My life's been in a bit of transition lately, and I was hoping to save it for the perfect time.  It sounds like from everyone's reaction it was a classic.

Just the way Tom says 'your boss, Steve Albini' in older episodes is priceless.  Stephen, you are truly a treasure of the show!

And yeah, Zach sucks!

Won't happen, Pet.

Alright, more reasonably and seriously, how about a political debate between you and Zach? I mean, all we know is you're a Democrat and he wants anarchy, but we don't know exactly what all that entails. I genuinely think this would be fascinating.