Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810647 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10710 on: December 13, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
Loving the dusty moments the guests are bringing.
Like Clay Pigeon? He is pretty dusty.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10711 on: December 13, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »
Loving the dusty moments the guests are bringing.
Like Clay Pigeon? He is pretty dusty.

Ha, no but did you see my theory of how the show will end in the other thread titled The Best Show on WFMU The End.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10712 on: December 13, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
Wally's impressions of Gary caught me off guard. Really funny.

Glad you liked it.  It's refreshing to see some positivity towards Wally on the boards (or anywhere), when so often I see people offering nothing but cheap insults.  It was a wonderful time, all around, in the studio, especially being able to have a chance to speak as myself, as well, let alone in such Good Company (as opposed to the song bad callers are all too familiar with).

-Zach
Was that Wally?

I am never quite sure how to respond with you, Fredericks.  I am guessing/hoping you're teasing, but I just can't be 100% certain.

-Zach

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10713 on: December 14, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »

Glad you liked it.  It's refreshing to see some positivity towards Wally on the boards (or anywhere), when so often I see people offering nothing but cheap insults.  It was a wonderful time, all around, in the studio, especially being able to have a chance to speak as myself, as well, let alone in such Good Company (as opposed to the song bad callers are all too familiar with).

-Zach
Was that Wally?

I am never quite sure how to respond with you, Fredericks.  I am guessing/hoping you're teasing, but I just can't be 100% certain.

-Zach
That's okay.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10714 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »
There was a call early in the show where Geneva (I think?) described her Best Show-related dream. It made me remember that I had also had a Best Show-related dream the previous night. In it, the first call of the final episode was FoNPR pretending to be Spike. It was completely obvious to Tom and everyone listening what was going on, but no one made any mention of the fact that the caller wasn't actually Spike, but instead an impostor. Weird stuff, man.

lpme

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10715 on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

Z-Man, your involvement in the show is second to none. Without you and Wally there would be no Vance and no Gary. The FOT's tease, but the show wouldn't be the same without you. Thanks for the laughs!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10716 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »

Z-Man, your involvement in the show is second to none. Without you and Wally there would be no Vance and no Gary. The FOT's tease, but the show wouldn't be the same without you. Thanks for the laughs!

WOW!  I feel like I could almost tear up.  This sort of appreciation means the world to me.  I am glad I (and Wally) could bring some laughs.  Still, to be fair, I can think of a few guys whose involvement mine might be second (or third or forth) to.  Still, it's refreshing to receive praise, when I've seen a lot of bashing.  (Sometimes, it's better to NOT Google your creation that you take pride in.)  Thanks, again!

-Zach

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10717 on: December 16, 2013, 12:27:23 AM »
I've always enjoyed the Wally Wackiman "character."
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10718 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »
I've always enjoyed the Wally Wackiman "character."

I'm not sure what the quotes are all about, but I'll take it.  Thanks!

-Zach

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10719 on: December 16, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
I can think of a few guys whose involvement mine might be second (or third or forth) to. 

You flatter me, but Thank You.
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10720 on: December 16, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
Still, to be fair, I can think of a few guys whose involvement mine might be second (or third or forth) to. 

Thanks, I *am* very proud of those KISS reviews.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

nrt4

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10721 on: December 18, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
Best:

All of it.

Worst:

None.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10722 on: December 18, 2013, 12:40:31 AM »
I love you FOT Message board and I love you TBS. This has been such a beautiful place to play. This is an entirely selfish post. I wanted to open up this thread one more time and look at the emoticons and the blue background. Tom always encouraged everyone to participate in TBS in their own unique way, whether by being a caller, a super caller, a listener, a writer of fan fiction or songs, or Wes, a chat room savant, you were doing it exactly right. That's one of the many wonderful gifts of the show.  So grateful to all FOT's and to TBS.

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10723 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:16 AM »
Best:
Tom going out on top.  The sound collage (getting early years in and maybe the best Wurster call of all time -- Jimmy Crespo ("Units?"!)). Tom and Jon talking at the end. Mike being Mike.

Worst:
The feeling I'll never see/hear anything like that in my life.

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10724 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »
That sound collage was the aural equivalent of the endings of Apocalypse Now and 2001 combined.

I am dizzy. Good dizzy.

Congrats to everyone involved on one hell of a finale.

And to all the FOTs: the happiest of holidays and healthiest of new years.