Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810718 times)

AnniefromKS

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11325 on: May 21, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
Matthew Tompkins/Shout Theatrical Filmworks

Shout UpcomingTV Shows
Runway Bride
Kiedis’s Kids
First State, First Band
Porky and Bess
That Power Pop Show
Big Foot, Private Eye
Orphan Purple
Total Bad Ass
Killing It
P. O. Box 1
Dischord House (though not until 2016)
A Confederacy of Dancers
For the Love of David

You're doing God's work. But I believe it's Porky and Beth. Both names get a little comedy ding dong switcheroo
Head cheerleader of the Cherryhill Hill Cherries

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11326 on: May 21, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
Oh man, I wish "P.O. Box 1" was a real show.  So many opportunities for stunt casting in the lesser-known bands and the myriad Black Flag members.

And the description of "That Power Pop Show" had me in hysterics.  "Consider yourself Chiltonesque" indeed.

aarrogan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11327 on: May 21, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »
"Whatareya a peeper? Hah? That what you do, look in windows? That what you do, you get your little step ladder out?"

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11328 on: May 21, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
I always wondered how SST got that PO Box 1 in Lawndale. 
My wife is from Redondo Beach, just a few blocks away from lots of the old SST spots like Polliwog Park, the Church (now a fancy foodie spot), and the old Total Access spot.  I think when that stuff was going down it was a more beach rat / hippie-d out area than the yuppie fest it is nowadays.

kouzie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11329 on: May 21, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
Matthew Tompkins/Shout Theatrical Filmworks

Shout UpcomingTV Shows
Runway Bride
Kiedis’s Kids
First State, First Band
Porky and Bess
That Power Pop Show
Big Foot, Private Eye
Orphan Purple
Total Bad Ass
Killing It
P. O. Box 1
Dischord House (though not until 2016)
A Confederacy of Dancers
For the Love of David

You're doing God's work. But I believe it's Porky and Beth. Both names get a little comedy ding dong switcheroo

Yep, I believe you're right- good catch! I've updated the list. Thanks!

Sweaty Mess

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11330 on: May 21, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »
Could only listen to the podcast this week. Right before Jon called in the audio seemed to have been dropped for a few seconds. Missed the very beginning of the call. Was this an edit or just some good my podcast app made? Anyone else notice??

Thanks!

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11331 on: May 21, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
One can only hope that Randy 'Macho Man' Savage will win the Cruiserweight championship belt in Avalanche Bob's WWE style league of snowboarding.  If Avalanche Bob hadn't stepped on Tom's Macho Man that call would have been taken to the next level.

I'm still not really sure where I stand on Avalanche Bob. Like, I don't know if its a bit or just some guy who thinks he's stumbled upon some kind of awesome self-promotion BUT him stepping on Tom's Macho Man put him on way thin ice. The Cruiserweight title is just a stepping stone to the Intercontential and we all know that's the better belt.

Tom letting that guy doing the Jack Klugman bit flame out was a thing of beauty. "I dropped my Perrier" also made me straight up snort. I also really enjoyed the weird Canadian thread throughout the show. It was a slower show, but I still really, really dug it.

Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

noah

« Reply #11332 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »
You think so, but I know so Jefferton!  Yeah, Macho Man is gonna stick a switch mute grab to fakie and take the title.  The c r e a m always rises to the top. DIG IT!

Also Jon has been canonized by Matthew Tompkins as a person that people who don't live in Newbridge, but accept Newbridge as an actual city, know about and have seen on TV, therefore its possible that Jon as himself could call up from Newbridge *mind explosion*

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11333 on: May 22, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »

I'm still not really sure where I stand on Avalanche Bob. Like, I don't know if its a bit or just some guy who thinks he's stumbled upon some kind of awesome self-promotion BUT him stepping on Tom's Macho Man put him on way thin ice. The Cruiserweight title is just a stepping stone to the Intercontential and we all know that's the better belt.

I wanted about 10 more minutes of Tom's Macho Man. I've only recently discovered this fact, but I think the things I laugh hardest at are the times (too rare!) when Tom does an extended weird voice. He has a real talent for that that should be more recognized in the greater voice actor community.

My two favorites are Randy Randall Savage and Hervé Villechaize. Can anybody think of other ones?

Also, just for fun, *this*: http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=poffo-001ran

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11334 on: May 22, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »

I wanted about 10 more minutes of Tom's Macho Man. I've only recently discovered this fact, but I think the things I laugh hardest at are the times (too rare!) when Tom does an extended weird voice. He has a real talent for that that should be more recognized in the greater voice actor community.

My two favorites are Randy Randall Savage and Hervé Villechaize. Can anybody think of other ones?

Also, just for fun, *this*: http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=poffo-001ran

there's so many. The Coffin Talk voice is a classic. Also, I wish I had a good example off the top of my head but when Tom switches into his phony enthusiastic radio voice it cracks me up.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

BleephouseRat

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11335 on: May 22, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »

Chubby Checker!

RReynolds

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11336 on: May 22, 2015, 02:02:10 PM »

I really enjoy any time Tom has to do a Donald Trump, which leads into his Don Jr.
His Claude Rains was also outstanding.
Sometimes as I'm floating away I wish I could stay, Then I arrive among the dropping flies

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11337 on: May 22, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »

Chubby Checker!

His old style radio voice is golden and the Moviephone Guy always kills me. I've also gone on record at how much I love him doing Andrew Dice Clay's wife randomly when people moan about not getting tickets. He does a pretty killer Ringo too.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11338 on: May 22, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
I've always laughed at Tom's Seinfeld. And his AP Mike.

On this week's show and Shout Factory's podcasts, I got a big kick out of "The Taking of Pelham MP3"

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11339 on: May 22, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
Tom's Claude Rains (who does or even knows Claude Rains?) and Garrison Keillor are amazing. 

Does anyone else have a William Hurt impression? Tom does. Sam Elliott? Tom does. Bob Zmuda? Hulk Hogan's serious voice?

Kevin Pollak oughta be ashamed of himself
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!