Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818965 times)

JackB

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11700 on: October 09, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »
Is it possible that the Muppets discussion was just a joke? Tim Heidecker was obviously kidding about wanting to protect his identity, and the thing about plans for a raunchy HBO Muppets "with lots of f and s words" sounds too insane to have been real. But beyond that, I've watched several clips of The Muppets online and thought they were pretty funny (maybe very funny compared to a lot of sitcoms), so it's hard to believe that everyone who works on it hates it that much.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11701 on: October 09, 2015, 09:54:01 AM »
Monitor lizard & hot sauce story was the best of the "I was lied to" calls.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11702 on: October 09, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
Is it possible that the Muppets discussion was just a joke? Tim Heidecker was obviously kidding about wanting to protect his identity, and the thing about plans for a raunchy HBO Muppets "with lots of f and s words" sounds too insane to have been real. But beyond that, I've watched several clips of The Muppets online and thought they were pretty funny (maybe very funny compared to a lot of sitcoms), so it's hard to believe that everyone who works on it hates it that much.

I'm pretty sure that was all real.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11703 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »

I've heard similar reports.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11704 on: October 09, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »

I've heard similar reports.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Tim Heidecker, he said his friend made Decker so it's probably someone who knows Tim.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11705 on: October 09, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »

I do not believe that that caller has ever called in and spoken the truth about anything.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11706 on: October 09, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »

I do not believe that that caller has ever called in and spoken the truth about anything.
I believe that's the truth.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11707 on: October 11, 2015, 06:38:38 AM »
Tom's voice going out and making Mike lose it.

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11708 on: October 11, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »
I loved that draftkings.com ad and the hollow silence right before it.

THIS

kouzie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11709 on: October 12, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
Can someone tell me which week AP Suge will be screening calls?

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11710 on: October 13, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »
The whole runner about Tom praising Mike for sticking to the "Women Only" rule had me rolling.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11711 on: October 14, 2015, 01:04:47 AM »
Sorry I was not there tonight or the week before; things came up.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11712 on: October 14, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
"We all love you... you felt bastard.  You purple bastard."

Un.  Believable.

(we love you, wally)

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11713 on: October 14, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
Love these guest heavy shows lately, given the sameness of most of the callers since the Best Show reboot.  Tom doing the "Garrett Brothers at Thanksgiving" and Julie writhing in pain from laughing is amazing.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11714 on: October 14, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »
FPs can get a bit dull. Option C: Supercallers. They have been scarce as of late. An injection of the likes of Spike, Fredericks, Jason from Huntsville, Julie from Cincinnati, Dave from Knoxville, Coco from the Ettes, Fred from Honolulu, etc would be fruitful. Not sure if all of these mugs are still around*, but... develop your own talent like the WCW Powerplant

Reunions don't always suck- Negative Approach, Mission of Burma, The State, Wanton Loveboy, etc. are proof. With that in mind, bring back a few classics- Petey, Maple Syrup Mussolini, Officer Tom for a brief reprise. That would be like a 2015 CM Punk run-in. The chat would pop.

Also, schtick like Coffin Talk, sound collages, lists, etc work well. More schtick.

That said, Best Show is superior without my input. Tom doesn't tell me how to manage hedge funds, why should I offer him unsolicited advice on how to entertain?

*I'm listening to the WFMU archives at work... currently in summer of 2008... the timeline gets confusing