Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911777 times)

Come on, Jason

Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #540 on: March 28, 2009, 03:45:31 PM »
Fuck you, client from England who keeps calling my cellphone at 4AM.  You do know how time-zones work, right?  And that it's Saturday?  And that I'm drunk?

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #541 on: March 29, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
F you madison wisconsin, you are not as hip and cool as you think you are, you just make things expensive.  Transplants, spoiled college kids, rich guys.  Milwaukee should secede from Wisconsin.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #542 on: March 29, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »
F you madison wisconsin, you are not as hip and cool as you think you are, you just make things expensive.  Transplants, spoiled college kids, rich guys.  Milwaukee should secede from Wisconsin.

Yeah, Madison Wisconsin.  Don't get a big head about the gopher thing you did that created the world wide gopher and stuff, and made the gopher guys billionaires instead of those farm boys from IL who worte Netscape.

Oh, that's right, none of that happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(protocol)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #543 on: March 30, 2009, 04:12:21 PM »
Apparently it's recommended for:

"...fans of: My Bloody Valentine, Augustus Pablo, Wilco, Os Mutantes, Carpenters, dälek, Spacemen 3, Stereolab, Beach Boys, Neil Young, Cheap Trick, Mamas and the Papas, Jon Brion, Slowdive, Jeff Buckley, Bjork, Tom Petty, Cocteau Twins, Mojave 3, Mazzy Star, Gram Parsons, Elliott Smith, Velvet Underground, The Beachwood Sparks, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Leonard Cohen, Burt Bacharach, Sly & Robbie, Roberta Flack, Ride, Syd Barrett, The Beatles, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Simon and Garfunkel, Loretta Lynn, John Lennon, Iris Dement, Cat Power, Aimee Mann, Crooked Fingers, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and Love..."

unfortunately, with the 'for fans of...' net, it's usually not true.  the music in phoenix is not pretty.  people with a hit-or-miss catalog of good music can make not so good or very radio-friendly pop/rock.

or worse.

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #544 on: March 30, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »

What's the matter, you don't like bluegrass?  Or Vespas?  Or coastie girls who are still, inexplicably, rocking the Ugg boots/North Face jacket combo in 2009?

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #545 on: March 30, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »

What's the matter, you don't like bluegrass?  Or Vespas?  Or coastie girls who are still, inexplicably, rocking the Ugg boots/North Face jacket combo in 2009?

I want to know how every college town has the same kinds of people.  It's not like there's a TV channel for them or something.

Similarly, I guess, it's weird that everyone at every elementary school sings the same playground songs.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #546 on: March 30, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »

I want to know how every college town has the same kinds of people.  It's not like there's a TV channel for them or something.

Similarly, I guess, it's weird that everyone at every elementary school sings the same playground songs.

You sang "Karo, come down the sausage tree" too? I thought that was a Tennessee thing.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
Fuck you, P. Diddy, for this misogynistic garbage.

"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »
I'm not impressed by your antics, Guy Who Climbs Trees at Parties.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »
Fuck you, P. Diddy, for this misogynistic garbage.

That is fucking appalling.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #550 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:55 PM »
-"crackberry"
-"I remember a time when MTV still played videos....Hey-ooooooh!"

Pidgeon

« Reply #551 on: April 27, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »
I love my grandmother, but I hate it when she greets me with "Whaddya know?" (an old country saying)

I never have any idea how to respond to that, so I usually just end up saying "good" which makes no sense.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #552 on: April 27, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »
Fuck you, work aquaintences who make me feel awkward about not inviting them to my wedding. Is that really fucking necessary??
from the land of pleasant living

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #553 on: April 27, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
Two very petty ones:

Fuck you, well-off middleclass couple friends on Facebook, whose only status updates consists of how incredibly lucky you are with your lives, how splendid everything is, how amazing that new couch looks in the living room, how the weekend were all about you and your succesful lifestyle.

Fuck you, John Waters, for, after entertaining us for almost two hours with your one man show, slipping out the back and not engaging your incredibly dedicated fans and our stupid questions and requests like we all hoped you would (and a bonus fuck you to my friends in Gothenburg who texted me the night before to tell me that they were hanging out with Mr Waters all night in a bar, thereby raising my expectations for my own encounter).

(Go ahead and judge.)

Pidgeon

« Reply #554 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:51 PM »
(Go ahead and judge.)

Well I CAN'T now...