Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 914244 times)

Sarah

Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
Last night, Andy asked for an update on my neighbor's dog but fled the chat before I could answer.  So, for him and anyone else who's interested, here's the scoop:  A few days after Puppet was successfully ensconced in his new home, he collapsed a couple of times and seemed generally unwell.  Whisked to the vet, he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and deemed too sick to medicate.  In the following days, however, he has seemed ever haler and happier, so his new people are planning to take him back to the vet to see if he can now tolerate the Lasix and Digoxin that would mitigate his condition.  The hope is that he might get at least a few months of enjoyment out of his hugely improved lot.  Fingers are crossed.

Changing the subject, tenspeed, has your landlord done right by you yet?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #361 on: December 03, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »
he was going to die of a broken heart.  I'll bet the drugs work miracles when he gets attached to the new owners.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »
My thinking, too, Andy.  Beastos lose the will to live when they're miserable. (Thus you better adopt Cancerface.)

tenspeed

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

Changing the subject, tenspeed, has your landlord done right by you yet?

You know, I think that question is best answered with a scene from Right at Your Door, the apocalyptic thriller starring Rory Cochrane.

In all seriousness, I was out of town the last 8 days and just got home late last night.   I fled before I could try for Joe's "Passive Aggressive Gold," so I wasn't expecting much progress.  During the cab ride home I couldn't help but image a vestibule taken over by Mother Nature's earthly delights; perhaps even a squirrel family had moved into the second bedroom.  It wasn't that dire, but still no door. 

So, it's time to move onto Plan B.   

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
i forgot, Terry Richardson is on my Stuff You Hate list. 

I got angry on my birthday this year because that FWD was eating lunch at the restaurant I was at with my special lady friend and every time I turned my head slightly to the right I saw the face of that pre-vert. Booo.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
fuck you Quantitative Methods class.  Take home final that theoritically should take "about 4 hours":  I've been to every class and tried to pay attention, but half of this shit seems like I've never seen it before.  Also, if the Business College has to go get an economics teacher to teach their quantitative methods class, that should tell you how important they really think it is, right?  I mean, if it was critical that I knew this shit wouldn't it be important enough to have a full time business professor teaching it?

This is a test that will take me 24+ hours to do and I still will not be sure that I'm correct.  I hate this.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
fuck you Quantitative Methods class.  Take home final that theoritically should take "about 4 hours":  I've been to every class and tried to pay attention, but half of this shit seems like I've never seen it before.  Also, if the Business College has to go get an economics teacher to teach their quantitative methods class, that should tell you how important they really think it is, right?  I mean, if it was critical that I knew this shit wouldn't it be important enough to have a full time business professor teaching it?

This is a test that will take me 24+ hours to do and I still will not be sure that I'm correct.  I hate this.

Google didn't come through?  I thought just about everything was on Google.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
Quantitative Methods? Seems awfully nondescript. Are you also taking Things That Are Academic?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »
it's basically "how to interpret the shit that we taught you to do in Business Stats."
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
Andy, I think you've mentioned this before but what are you in school for?  You are one of the minority of FOTs that appears to have gainful employment already.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »
Andy, I think you've mentioned this before but what are you in school for?  You are one of the minority of FOTs that appears to have gainful employment already.

If I cared about anything I would resent that.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
Working on my MBA at night.  I will probably eventually go back and teach, and getting an MBA allows me to use it for work now and then in the future get a teaching gig while I'm working on my construction masters.  It's a new field and they are kind of hard up for prof's, so with my work history and MBA I shouldn't have a problem getting someone to hire me even though I don't have the masters in the field that I would be teaching (and plus, construction programs are just focused business programs anyway.)

What a boring, boring life I live.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »
Bet I've got you beat, bucko.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »
Andy, at least you're involved in the actual productive activities of the world.  My life will eternally consist in transforming some kinds of pieces of paper into other kinds of pieces of paper.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
oh, roller skates, why do you hate me