Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911908 times)

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »
Is it really that much of a pain in the ass? Really?
from the land of pleasant living

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
Bonus stuff is great if it's an album you never owned before, I guess.

Yeah, I've bought all the Pavement reissues because I never owned them before.  There's a handful of worthwhile bonus tracks that make it to the iPod, but 90% of them I just listen to once on the CD and that's where they stay.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:40 PM »

Yes.

It's a pain in the ass to even keep track of new albums by people I like.  I'd rather pay someone to do it for me.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »

Yes.

It's a pain in the ass to even keep track of new albums by people I like.  I'd rather pay someone to do it for me.

Are you interviewing?

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
fuck you "Really?".  I am starting to hate that declaration.

also, fuck you cheap red wine.  why do you always make my muscles and joints so sore after I drink you?

also, fuck you kittens.  you're so cute and adorable.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
fuck you "Really?".  I am starting to hate that declaration.

I'm with you on that one.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2008, 08:39:37 PM »
I fart like a rockstar. Don't hate.

T-t-t-t-totally dude!

(The Shop Boyz/Soulja Boy State Fair shows are going to be hi-larious in 20 years.)
Hey, maybe in 30 years, PBS will air hiphop acts like the Soulja Boy guys during fundraising week, like the Doo Wop reunion shows they have now. That will be something to look forward to. 3-6 Mafia, Dem Franchize Boyz, etc.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »
Cake Request for 3-Year-Old Hitler Namesake Denied

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because ''no one else in the world would have that name.'' He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2008, 10:24:12 AM »
Oh look, an MMA fighter kills his wife in a murder-suicide.

EDIT: I realized that this post made it look like I was claiming all MMA fighters are animals but I should've added the context that I enjoy MMA; I just hate when someone does something stupid like this that makes it easy to paint all fighters as bad people.  One of my best friends trains with some local fighters and, for the most part, they are good guys.  Sure, there are plenty of meatheads (as there are in any sport) but it's not really fair to lump them all together.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #399 on: December 18, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »
How do you kill yrself with MMA?

Oh look, an MMA fighter kills his wife in a murder-suicide.

EDIT: I realized that this post made it look like I was claiming all MMA fighters are animals but I should've added the context that I enjoy MMA; I just hate when someone does something stupid like this that makes it easy to paint all fighters as bad people.  One of my best friends trains with some local fighters and, for the most part, they are good guys.  Sure, there are plenty of meatheads (as there are in any sport) but it's not really fair to lump them all together.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
these questions: http://www.slate.com/id/2206835/?GT1=38001

oh, these questions!

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »
these questions: http://www.slate.com/id/2206835/?GT1=38001

oh, these questions!

Not only do I not hate these, I almost think they call for a new thread where people can field some of them. I'd like to see answers to:

Why do women like soup? Is it for perceived health benefits?

If one gets a personal e-mail from a very famous or important person, such as the president, or the queen of England, or the Pope, or Paul McCartney, can that e-mail have monetary value? I guess not. It's just an electronic transmission on a screen. There's no original. There's no way to buy or sell it. Seems a shame tho.

Why do all of the deli guys and food cart guys call me "Boss"?
I would leave it up to the answering FOT whether they want to assume the questioner was Springsteen.

I live in Washington, D.C., and we have very long escalators coming out of the Metro. If I grabbed the handrail when I first step onto the escalator and did not let go until I was at the top, my body would be almost prostrate across the steps. As I go higher on the escalator, I have to readjust the hand that is grabbing the rubber handrail. Why can't the companies that make escalators sync the steps and the handrails so that they go the same speed?
Notice the change from "if I grabbed" to "as I go" and "I have to" partway through the question. This is not a hypothetical situation.

If you were on a boat, what signs do sharks give if they are hungry and will attack versus if they just want to swim around the boat?
I'd like to think this one was written by someone on a boat who was hoping for a quick response.

I have been accused of assault in Ohio. The woman fell over a box in the hall backward, and my brother opened the door, saw her lying there, and started hitting me. I got him down and held him down. It was all over a fight concerning my niece. What do you think will happen?
This is the best. The scenario and the open-ended nature of the question itself. I really need some kind of closure on this. Possibly, this could be answered in Choose Your Own Adventure format.

How can personal coaches justify coaching athletes who are much better than they ever were? If they know so much about how to win, why aren't they competing?
Submitted by Terrell Owens.

Can an average person not in politics get a pardon from the president of the United States? (Possession of forged instrument, October of 1989.)
This may be the year I will disappear.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
I live in Washington, D.C., and we have very long escalators coming out of the Metro. If I grabbed the handrail when I first step onto the escalator and did not let go until I was at the top, my body would be almost prostrate across the steps. As I go higher on the escalator, I have to readjust the hand that is grabbing the rubber handrail. Why can't the companies that make escalators sync the steps and the handrails so that they go the same speed?

I can confirm this is supremely annoying.  I don't like to readjust my hand anywhere that doesn't involve pleasures of the flesh, which is why my office looks like something from a Cronenberg film. 

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »
in hindsight, i realize i should have specified what i hate: that they can only pick ONE to answer!

however, like Wes, i was truly hoping some FOT would take this under their wings (especially the assault scenario and "forged instruments").  or that they become questions on Match Wits with Mike.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

I have been accused of assault in Ohio. The woman fell over a box in the hall backward, and my brother opened the door, saw her lying there, and started hitting me. I got him down and held him down. It was all over a fight concerning my niece. What do you think will happen?

This is the best. The scenario and the open-ended nature of the question itself. I really need some kind of closure on this. Possibly, this could be answered in Choose Your Own Adventure format.

This one is almost Rock-N-Roll-Dreams'll-esque in its interplay of characters.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!