Author Topic: General Movie Thread  (Read 766045 times)

Pidgeon

Re: General Movie Thread
« Reply #1635 on: March 18, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »
So, Wild at Heart...

This thing was insane. It actually reminds me a lot of Tim & Eric.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1636 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
So, Wild at Heart...

I have watched that movie four times.   

There are only two movies have I seen more times  Brazil and Return of the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

And Repo Man[/i

Oh, and the Supersuckers movie...but it's a concert.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Pidgeon

« Reply #1637 on: March 18, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »
I really like the scene where Harry Dean Stanton's character sees some dogs on TV and just starts barking for no reason. It's completely out of character for him and is never mentioned again.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1638 on: March 18, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »
So, Wild at Heart...

There are only two movies have I seen more times  Brazil and Return of the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

And Repo Man

I saw "Creepy Jackalope Eye" on that one Beavis and Butt-head about 50 times.  Is that the same thing?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1639 on: March 19, 2011, 02:04:29 AM »
Just re-watched The Verdict. I loved it, but I will watch Paul Newman in anything (even Fort Apache, The Bronx, which makes Death Wish 3 look like The Wire).
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1640 on: March 19, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
Just re-watched The Verdict. I loved it, but I will watch Paul Newman in anything (even Fort Apache, The Bronx, which makes Death Wish 3 look like The Wire).

Weird moment on David Letterman with Clint Eastwood

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1641 on: March 19, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »
Kaboom is something else! I loved it in the same way I love Degrassi.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1642 on: March 19, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Wild at Heart is truly the only David Lynch feature that I can completely live without (Yeah, I know, Iasabella Rosselini and Willem Dafoe, but even there it's a little too Lynch-being-Lynchy for me), but I'm genuinely glad to hear that people like it.  I want there to be as much David Lynch love in the world as possible.

Saw Winter's Bone last night.  I guess I'm past the age where I feel the need to say, "Yes, a very fine film" about movies that are well-acted and well-crafted when they basically bore the daylights out of me.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1643 on: March 19, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
Saw Winter's Bone last night.  I guess I'm past the age where I feel the need to say, "Yes, a very fine film" about movies that are well-acted and well-crafted when they basically bore the daylights out of me.

I wasn't bored by Winter's Bone, but it did give me a feeling that I've been getting more & more often these days - namely that this is a level of achievement that movies should be able to attain routinely. Good acting, interesting script and locations, credible atmosphere... these are things that the average movie ought to be able to pull off. And yet, it's incredibly rare, so Winter's Bone seems exceptional in comparison.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1644 on: March 19, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
I watched that JJ Abrams movie about the early days of the Star Trek crew. 'Spock Babies' or something like that.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1645 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
So, Wild at Heart...

And Repo Man

I saw "Creepy Jackalope Eye" on that one Beavis and Butt-head about 50 times.  Is that the same thing?

Not quite.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #1646 on: March 19, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
Of all the Oscar-nominated movies I've watched so far (all but two), I liked Winter's Bone the best.  It also bored me the least.

Taste is a funny thing.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1647 on: March 19, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »
That boat scene was the opposite of boring. And I didn't find the rest boring either.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1648 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Not at all bored. And definitely beyond that age.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1649 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:24 AM »
Just caught up with Fish Tank on Sundance channel and really enjoyed it. It drew a lot of parallels to Ratcatcher to me, also a plus for reminding me that  Robin S. "Show Me Love" still exists. 

Enter the Void i wasn't sure if it was brilliant or the dumbest thing ive ever seen.  I wasn't  to light on following the back of a dudes head for 3/4 of a 2 and a half hour movie. Reminded me of a whole movie from the perspective of Being John Malkovich.

Sunset Limited is probably the best thing ive seen that's came out this year so far. Looking forward to Tommy Lee Jones next full length film.