Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2899981 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7425 on: November 02, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
Spike:

PLEASE tell us that you're gonna finally take Tom up on the offer and show up IN STUDIO this month.

This has to happen.

"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7426 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
I was very charmed by the Mike Show, especially the parts where Mike cracked himself up doing the puppet voice
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Crusherkc

« Reply #7427 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Spike:

PLEASE tell us that you're gonna finally take Tom up on the offer and show up IN STUDIO this month.

This has to happen.

Agreed.  I will be your pet if you do, Mr. Spike (and don't write "but you already are my pet hahahahaha").
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7428 on: November 02, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »

ANYTHING from "the Puppet"? 

Zach, you are baiting a guy who attacked you in another thread a few weeks ago - you went back into this thread and pulled up a 5 day-old comment he made about something from the previous week's show. I closed that other thread because it was getting mean, and now here you are taking a stick and swatting at another hornet's nest. Do you see where I'm going with this?

If you're looking to improve yourself, talk to friends and family - real life people whom you trust. If you're looking for professional or creative feedback, talk to someone in the biz. If you solicit opinions on the internet, you are going to get them from people who are also free to express themselves.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7429 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »

ANYTHING from "the Puppet"? 

Zach, you are baiting a guy who attacked you in another thread a few weeks ago - you went back into this thread and pulled up a 5 day-old comment he made about something from the previous week's show. I closed that other thread because it was getting mean, and now here you are taking a stick and swatting at another hornet's nest. Do you see where I'm going with this?

If you're looking to improve yourself, talk to friends and family - real life people whom you trust. If you're looking for professional or creative feedback, talk to someone in the biz. If you solicit opinions on the internet, you are going to get them from people who are also free to express themselves.

I apologise if my opinion of the show (and by extension Wally) was considered an attack and/or mean. I aim to provide my honest feedback and not to "troll." I do not intend to provide further response to Zach's comment and I will avoid any references to him or his puppet act in any future posts even if I believe it to be in the best/worst of the show.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7430 on: November 02, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Thanks CSW - you're a gent.

I in turn apologize if anybody thinks this is meddlesome, but if you've ever been on pretty much any other board ever (or this board about 3-4 years ago), you know how quickly flame wars start & how vicious they get. And we don't want that.

Go wrassle on twitter!

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7431 on: November 02, 2011, 11:43:09 AM »
Maybe it's because the show has been such a big help to me personally in the past few months to keep my own spirits up, but the guy who called in from Anchorage to thank Tom for helping him out of some pretty dark times hit me on a pretty personal level (I've been tempted to call in and say the same thing, but I'm radio-shy) was pretty much the best for me, only because I related pretty damn well to what he said.
The worst was the guy complaining about the Darren call.  That was such a bummer, but that's the magic of live, call-in radio right?

Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7432 on: November 02, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
"Red Foxx, James Brown and... some white stiff"
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Wes

« Reply #7433 on: November 02, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »
I remain fascinated by any mention of the Nightmare Machine. It's such an insane idea, and yet I can picture how it would look, and even what the '70s/'80s box for it would have looked. Kills me every time it comes up.

Is Darren the first Sheila Shooting Spree victim to check back in? I'm still hoping we're going to get a scandalous Sheila Larson Trial down the line some day, though I have no idea how that would play out on the Show.

Spike's return was a triumph, especially Tom's story about his multiple encounters with Fake Spike at the Record Fair. The part where Tom had to admit that he referred to Spike as his "friend" was hilarious. And Spike's report that "someone" on the board was posting weird John Wesley Shipp images was vintage delusional Spike.

Skeevy's official Best Show debut has to be heard, there's really no describing how that last half hour of the show played out. "Curlies" should get immediate induction into the WordHate hall of fame.

Worst Parts:
-Not Vinnie Vulgar's finest call. That guy should take some lessons from Spike.
This may be the year I will disappear.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7434 on: November 02, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
I'm only half way through the show but I have to say now that the Michael K call is probably the low light of the year so far.  (Excepting anything from the Puppet)

Any caller that wasn't a "name" (and I use that phrase very loosely) wouldn't get that long and would get GOMPd/Heave Ho'd quickly and with a flourish. It makes it worse that his only seeming reason for calling this week was for Tom to talk up his record/tour dates. I couldn't hear any other reason behind the call.

All credit to Michael K, his call this week was fun and I feel it is only fair I give him his due after being harsh last week. Especially as he copped to calling just to plug a show.

Other highlights this week were Spike's call, D-Plop's swift recovery from gunshot wounds and the new rules around regulars. As much as I will miss a weekly Jason call, the new rules seem fair and it may go some way to appeasing the regulars who seemed so upset about being banned, even though it was better for the show, which seems to have been the wider opinion among those on here who weren't on the list (and to be fair a couple who were.)

I hope the Spike in studio show happens. That could be an all time show
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Crusherkc

« Reply #7435 on: November 02, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
Callers of the Week: tied- Spike/Michael K of the Cynics.  Favorite moment: "Darren from CC" seeing a caped mouse after talk of Young Man Dowlripple.  Michael K was a jolt of nevous energy after the first wave of lacklusters. 
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7436 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
This Daryl Hall show sounds sorta good - I'd rather see an episode of this than that weird Elvis Costello show. Is that still on? I was sans cable for a few years ...

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7437 on: November 02, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
Paydirt!'s American accent from last week, and Dan from Orange's from three weeks ago.

To all non-Americans: Americans think that anyone from any country other than America speaking with an American accent is hopelessly charming and hilarious.  You only have to say a few words.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Greggulator

« Reply #7438 on: November 02, 2011, 02:22:27 PM »
Skeevey.

That is all.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7439 on: November 02, 2011, 03:04:13 PM »
To all non-Americans: Americans think that anyone from any country other than America speaking with an American accent is hopelessly charming and hilarious.  You only have to say a few words.

Especially if your are on a stage holding a guitar.