Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2819092 times)

ChipSuey

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7620 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Didjah heah thah niews?  Zork is cahming!  (I think that's how you spell out a serious New England accent).
Sometimes I say stuff here.
http://twitter.com/ThisIsJanic

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7621 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
(Sort of) resuscitating an old topic: Orson Welles would be a good narrator for the Dystopiatron concept album. Actually, did Orson ever narrate a prog-rock album? It doesn't seem impossible that could be something that actually happenned.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7622 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »
(Sort of) resuscitating an old topic: Orson Welles would be a good narrator for the Dystopiatron concept album. Actually, did Orson ever narrate a prog-rock album? It doesn't seem impossible that could be something that actually happenned.

Agreed! I don't think he actually ever did one, but would have been killer is he had done Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7623 on: November 30, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
Didjah heah thah niews?  Zork is cahming!  (I think that's how you spell out a serious New England accent).

Zohk.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7624 on: November 30, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »
Also, I liked when Vance and Tom were arguing about whether it was possible that Pink Floyd's rhythm sounded "just like the JBs". Kinda reminded me of "Analyze Phish" (from the Earwolf hamster-wheel factory) ... when Harris and Scott are listening to Phish doing some lame Seinfeld-themish jamming and Harris asks Scott "oh, so you don't like the funky stuff?"
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7625 on: November 30, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Vance did it again! "Tom can you turn the bed music up a little, please?" So polite.

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7626 on: November 30, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
Vance did it again! "Tom can you turn the bed music up a little, please?" So polite.

That's such a specific trying-to-have-a-conversation-with-a-prog-rock-fan thing and he nailed it.

popperlady

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7627 on: November 30, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
Shouldn't it be Fastball Willie?

Speedball Willie would star Chris Farley

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7628 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
"electric chairs going 30 miles an hour!? what is this, Grandmothers of Anarchy?"

The guy who was losing his s-hit that the subway he got off of smelled like a subway restaurant, and toms less then enthusiastic response. the caller was so pleased with his amazing(ly pointless) story, he thought he had a delicious chocolate pie when he really had a hunk of cheap dollar store fudge, and that always cracks me up (nothing personal, we all do it). 

also in another case of unbridled enthusiasm for something silly, Tom losing his s-hit over Zork was pretty hilarious. Also, Vance, but that goes without saying. Great show!

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7629 on: December 01, 2011, 12:29:17 AM »
I feel like when Tom says "RIGHT?!?" while doing build a movie and after he sings a little bit of a song is one of my favorite things on the show.  It's one syllable, but it says a lot.

I also really liked Tom doing Pac-Man sound effects when describing how dogs eat.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7630 on: December 01, 2011, 12:33:56 AM »
incredible show, but was it just me or did the beginning of the show sounds like a rerun? Between talking about the band mithame and the ricky gervias heckling it sounded familiar.

emma

« Reply #7631 on: December 01, 2011, 07:19:20 AM »
incredible show, but was it just me or did the beginning of the show sounds like a rerun? Between talking about the band mithame and the ricky gervias heckling it sounded familiar.

There is no way for me to say this without sounding snarky, but if we made some recordings of you talking to the same group of people for three hours straight once a week for eleven or so years, I am guessing we would start to notice some overlap.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #7632 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:22 AM »

There is no way for me to say this without sounding snarky, but if we made some recordings of you talking to the same group of people for three hours straight once a week for eleven or so years, I am guessing we would start to notice some overlap.

Yeh and I like how Tom sometimes mentions things over and over. I am trying to think of examples other than Gervais but I can't right now.

But wasn't the guy would called in with the Zork build-a-movie the same guy that Tom made fun of a few months ago? Everytime Tom would say something he'd say "Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah" and "Awwwwwwwww maaaaaaaaan." That remains one of the funniest Best Show moment imho. Tom just went on for like 20 seconds imitating him. "Oh woooooooooooow!"

Crusherkc

« Reply #7633 on: December 01, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
It's "Zaahk" inside 128, "Zok" outside 128 but inside 495, and "ZoRRRk" in Western Mass.

Zaahks comin' down from New Hamsha!  Zaahks comin'! 

Oh, PS: Worst moment- Tom giving the antihistamine a chance. 
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

gravy boat

« Reply #7634 on: December 01, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »

Yeh and I like how Tom sometimes mentions things over and over. I am trying to think of examples other than Gervais but I can't right now.

Nick DePaulo and the jacket. Never will get old. I love that story and the fresh "outrage" every time.