Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810611 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8715 on: June 14, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »
Bill from Baltimore on last weeks show was indeed the unfortunately-band-named guy from the capital of Virginia.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8716 on: June 15, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »
The unfortunately-named-band-banned-guy

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8717 on: June 15, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
I just listened to that show from a few weeks ago where Tom said that Ayn Rand's son was Andrew Dice Clay - SO SO GOOD. From the "one sentence movie" episode.

I love the Best Show.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8718 on: June 15, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
For the record, Dave from Knoxville's first call was 9/5/06.

"Wait, you got Mason Rudolph’s autograph?!" - Tom
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #8719 on: June 16, 2012, 01:52:26 AM »
And too bad Petey, Officer Tom, and Purple Shirt have seem to have fallen from the edge of the Earth.

This seems like as good a time as any to mention that Officer Tom made an appearance at the top of yesterday's Seven Second Delay live show. I've been wondering all day how to dispense that information to the FOT board. Thanks for your help.

That was a rebroadcast of a show from 2009.  :)

Crusherkc

« Reply #8720 on: June 16, 2012, 02:15:40 AM »
And too bad Petey, Officer Tom, and Purple Shirt have seem to have fallen from the edge of the Earth.
This seems like as good a time as any to mention that Officer Tom made an appearance at the top of yesterday's Seven Second Delay live show. I've been wondering all day how to dispense that information to the FOT board. Thanks for your help.
That was a rebroadcast of a show from 2009.  :)

Maybe he's pulling a Donnie Brasco?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8721 on: June 18, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
I LOVED that Mike totally stiffed Tom on that first call, with the guy who was driving but sounded drunk. It was was perfect after Tom's talking up of his staying power and his whole bit about doing a victory lap. I laughed long and hard about that.

The Woliner family hit for the cycle in the back end of the show. In my memory they were back to back calls to each other but I'm not sure if that happened or not?

To chime in on a couple of things:

The Mayubanotorial Debate was a 1 hour plus call I think. And Tom has definitely named checked Jon on air before, during the marathons if nothing else. I think Jon name checking himself during the call is way more legendary.

A lot of people (especially on Twitter) are losing their shit over Gary's song. To them I simply say have you never listened to Gentlemen Jesse before? He is the reason that song is so great. Sure Gary's lyrics are funny but the whole song is just a straight GJ cover essentially. I might be in the minority on that one?

It was great to hear the classic callers on the 500 show. It was also great to hear Laurie from Miami on show 499. She got some (I thought quite unfair) abuse on Twitter for her call from a Friend of the Show so I wanted to show some respect on here.

Everything about the Best Show brings me so much joy. THANKYOU TOM. May the show continue as long as you want it to/

"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8722 on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »
That Bruce Springsteen Author call from last year was over 90 minutes, wasn't it?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8723 on: June 18, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
I had hoped that there was a chance, however slim, that either Tyrone from South Carolina or Chuck in the Truck would have called. Alas, it just wasn't meant to be.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8724 on: June 18, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
Saddest part of 500 was no mention of P.F. Tompkins who played a key role in one of the 20 greatest Best Show moments ever (Hint: "Helicopter rides!")

Love how Wally Wackiman is back in the good graces, though. "The Feltdown" was my favorite non-Newbridge moment of last year. It was even more amazing because it kept spilling over onto Twitter.

If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8725 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »
For the record, Dave from Knoxville's first call was 9/5/06.

"Wait, you got Mason Rudolph’s autograph?!" - Tom

Actually, I called a few weeks earlier, but didn't get on until the very end of the show. Tom gave me the classic "Hi and bye" routine.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8726 on: June 18, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
Eddie, am I right, Wes?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8727 on: June 18, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
Love how Wally Wackiman is back in the good graces, though. "The Feltdown" was my favorite non-Newbridge moment of last year. It was even more amazing because it kept spilling over onto Twitter.

Hey,
  As far as I know, Wally was never really out of "good graces" with Tom or the show, specifically, but there were others and the ban and everything that led to some outside conflict.  I'd rather not get back into talk of "The Feltdown", but if it brought you enjoyment on some level, rather than you putting down Wally, being on his side, it is all appreciated by both of us.

-Zach

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8728 on: June 18, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »
I was very much on your side during the Feltdown. I thought Tom (or at least his show persona) was too hard on you and didn't give you your due for it being a great bit.

I even tweeted Tom a couple times (not like it means anything) when he was soliciting opinions on the ban/your ban that I thought he was hamstringing the show by keeping you out.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8729 on: June 18, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »
Well, your support is always appreciated, but I always know that Tom is on my and Wally's side, regardless of what it might seem like on the air.

-Zach