Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810701 times)

Brandon0476

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9555 on: December 19, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »
Listening to Julie, Tom, and John riff on Jim Morrison might have been one of my favorite moments of the year. My wife and I were crying with laughter.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9556 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »
The entire thing was amazing, but it truly reached new levels with the Mike/Hodgman "last photo on Instagram" moment (I hope we get some more photoshops of those pictures of the two of them being used as ads) and Tom's reaction to Mike auditioning for a spot as a new Venture Bros. voice actor.
This may be the year I will disappear.

MarkS

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9557 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
The entire episode was so fantastic. I really loved it.

1. The entire part where they are talking about a five star trashy restaurant. "You're cheese fries, sir."
2. John Hodgman and Ted Leo riffing as Spike as the little boy who buys the Christmas Goose, followed immediately by Mike saying "Anyone going to Midnight Mass this year?''

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9558 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »
A nearly perfect show well deserving of carrying the new holiday party tradition forward! It's so hard to pick my favorite moments, but if I had to narrow it down: Mike as "Dennis," every time Sexy Broadway laughs, maybe my favorite ever Spike call, "Dear Mr. Pencil Colon," Comedians Are Nuts with Julie guest co-hosting, and Gary singing Feliz Navidad are the things I'll think of when I think of this one.

gravy boat

« Reply #9559 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
Mike mentioning "pre-gaming" before Church.

I think Mike and Hodgman should do a sitcom, where they are both uncles to the same teenage kids.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9560 on: December 19, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
One of the best things about The Best Show is how there are all kinds of throwaway gags that set in motion little miniature movies in the listeners' minds. (Well, mine at least.) This time it was Spike as the kid at the end of A Christmas Carol, but my take on his line is: "I don't do geese."

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #9561 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
Mike mentioning "pre-gaming" before Church.

I think Mike and Hodgman should do a sitcom, where they are both uncles to the same teenage kids.

This sounds like a great idea! And my schedule is wide open. I even have a title for it: Uncle Goofus and Uncle Gallant!
See God, Kai

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9562 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »
"Mr. Pencil Colon is my father's name."

I also could not believe the Spencer's talk.  I just went into a Spencer's for the first time a few weeks ago...with my 9-year-old son (Hey, I didn't know). An Adventure Time hat had caught my eye from the mall area and I wanted to get it for him. Once we were inside, it was too late.

The bongs scared him.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9563 on: December 20, 2012, 01:49:53 AM »
Awesome show. Thanks for all the fun and great entertainment all the year through Tom.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Lookit

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9564 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »
I was delighted to learn that books have been written about the marriages of minor Star Wars characters. It's nice to imagine a bounty-hunting robot wearing a collar and tie, with a gift-wrapped blender under his arm.

Crusherkc

« Reply #9565 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
I was delighted to learn that books have been written about the marriages of minor Star Wars characters. It's nice to imagine a bounty-hunting robot wearing a collar and tie, with a gift-wrapped blender under his arm.

This show was...a Best Show Gem.  Yes, this little turn down Star Wars lane was a delight.  I couldn't help but picture Dengar as the best man and the bride as FX-7 (Medical droid)

Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9566 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
One of the best things about The Best Show is how there are all kinds of throwaway gags that set in motion little miniature movies in the listeners' minds. (Well, mine at least.) This time it was Spike as the kid at the end of A Christmas Carol, but my take on his line is: "I don't do geese."

I do eat geese and roasted Republicans.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #9567 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »

This show was...a Best Show Gem.  Yes, this little turn down Star Wars lane was a delight.  I couldn't help but picture Dengar as the best man and the bride as FX-7 (Medical droid)

My favorite Star Wars character is Greedo.

My favorite Star Wars figures are these:

mostlymeat

« Reply #9568 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
"Mr. Pencil Colon is my father's name."

I loved this line too and it went by so fast! LOVE IT.

Great show Tom & Co. I'm so happy that The Best Show is still going strong, keep it up Tom you are the best!

-AG

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9569 on: December 20, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
The L'Engle/Leguin/McCaffrey confusion had me dying at work.