Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2819234 times)

vert

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8790 on: July 05, 2012, 04:04:36 AM »
Tom putting all the sleazy podtrash apes in their place! This bit in particular cracked me up,Tom on his relative gracefulness to the aforementioned apes: "I'm like what's his face. One of those two dancers I don't care about"

I loved this episode! I think this one was kind of a classic..  A fly in the ointment with the weird brady bunch call, but Tom and Jason from Alabama put things back on track! Good times  8)

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8791 on: July 05, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
George Rail Road Martin.

Seconded. "What is it? Leperchauns? Do they fight with swords and have a dance-off?"
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8792 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »
I love Tom's Peppermint Patty-esque use of the word "kid" when telling the kid to call back.

Greggulator

« Reply #8793 on: July 05, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
HOCKEY CAT!

The New Jersey Devils and New Jersey Nets both had awesome jingle-type commercials back in the day, when pretty much no one in New Jersey knew they had pro sports teams.  The NJ Devials song was something like "Hey Devils! Catch Fire! Turn that ice to steam!" and had their devil mascot dancing at somewhere like the Paramus Park Mall food court. The Nets one was even better. The song was a slow jam that went "GET ON THE POWERTRAIN! POWER TRAIN! NEW JERSEY NETS!" It showed various Nets of the era (Michael Ray Richardson, Joe Barry Carroll, etc.) in action and then a close up of one of the three fans in attendance.

I haven't checked in a while but these commercials weren't on YouTube. :(

I love Hockey Cat.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8794 on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
Enjoyed the guy criticizing people setting off unregulated fireworks starting off his story with, "Granted we were closer than we should have been..."

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8795 on: July 05, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »
Best: Tom throwing Senor Wences's hand under the bus.

Worst: The filmmakers offering Tom work/money on the air. Did they think it would make for good radio? Did they think the public forum would make Tom more likely to agree?  Or were they just not thinking?  No answer is good.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8796 on: July 06, 2012, 01:41:33 AM »
Worst: The filmmakers offering Tom work/money on the air. Did they think it would make for good radio? Did they think the public forum would make Tom more likely to agree?  Or were they just not thinking?  No answer is good.

Definitively not "worst". Some people don't get that WFMU is non-commercial. Big whoopdeedoo. It still was a nice offer. All of those kids calling with their terrible comedy shticks were way, way worse.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

gravy boat

« Reply #8797 on: July 06, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
I'm a couple episodes back.  The Philly Boy call made me sick. I voted for him for mayor of Newbridge because I believed his campaign promises and now he's looking to jump to Romney's camp, and leave Newbridge to rot. It's no better than Chris Christie's groveling for VP consideration. I should have voted for Hammerhead.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8798 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
I should have voted for Hammerhead.

If you talk to Ignore Function, he'll tell you; Hammerhead is in favor of police brutality.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #8799 on: July 06, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »

Definitively not "worst". Some people don't get that WFMU is non-commercial. Big whoopdeedoo. It still was a nice offer. All of those kids calling with their terrible comedy shticks were way, way worse.

How dare you insult Sir Scott!  ;D

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8800 on: July 06, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »

Well, worst for me.  It's not the money thing alone...I just don't understand the line of thinking that would, even on a commercial station, lead to someone conducting business over the air. There are hundreds of thousands of people listening! I can understand Sir Scott a lot more than I can understand that.  Granted my calls have not all been mint, but I have at least tried to set up the T-ball so Tom could hit it.

But yes, it's nice that they are offering Tom something.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8801 on: July 06, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »
'Hey Tom, we can't make it out to your house tomorrow, is it OK if we come out to mow your lawn Friday?'

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8802 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »
I'm a couple episodes back.  The Philly Boy call made me sick. I voted for him for mayor of Newbridge because I believed his campaign promises and now he's looking to jump to Romney's camp, and leave Newbridge to rot. It's no better than Chris Christie's groveling for VP consideration. I should have voted for Hammerhead.

Pudge would have never let you down, and HE would have found the Higgs Boson three years ago.

Crusherkc

« Reply #8803 on: July 06, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

Pudge would have never let you down, and HE would have found the Higgs Boson three years ago.

'n' stuff i dunno...
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Mike Desert

« Reply #8804 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »
I wish I listened to the show live - I have two funny THOR stories...I might have actually called in!  I've seen Thor twice and it was totally entertaining each time.  super nice guy...last I heard he was delivering pizza in Seattle or Vancouver or something. Thor & the Ass Boys were pretty good too. Maybe there should be a Friends of Thor website. Let the Blood Run Red!!

Another San Fransisco Toilet Person